Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2002, 06:20 PM   #11
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
quote:
Well you know the part where they say "Does anyone object to this union" blah blah. I'm assuming the pilot objected, although he might have over-reacted. He could have found a new bargirl I would think
LoA, I must compliment you on this most witty comment [/QUOTE]Thank you Neb Here have a beer, since you dont drink. Then you can give it back to me when I run out![/QUOTE]Or I can use it to knock you out when you've had one too many of the ones that you didn't give to me [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2002, 06:25 PM   #12
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
I heard the same thing earlier, but there might very well be a chance that this is a publicity stunt by the Afghanis. Who knows. I'll wait for an official statement. If would be horrible if it actually did happen.
I believe the US already admitted that "some bombs may have missed their targets" after this news was made public. [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2002, 06:42 PM   #13
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Yeah, but isn't that a retarded tradition, shooting in the air with kalashnikov's at a wedding ? Who the hell goes to a wedding with a machinegun ? If i was that pilot i'd probably dropped a couple of eggs on them as well !
Umm. Different cultures have different customs, y'know? I think that it is our armed forces responsibiliy to learn these kinds of things before they wage war.

Ever heard of the 21 Gun Salute?

Mark

[ 07-01-2002, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: skywalker ]
Old 07-01-2002, 06:46 PM   #14
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

They use live rounds in 21 gun salutes now? Outstanding!!! I may hve to move closer to a military base! Houses are bound to be destroyed and I'll be there to rebuild them! Thanks for the info, I owe you some beer!
Old 07-01-2002, 06:56 PM   #15
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
quote:
Yeah, but isn't that a retarded tradition, shooting in the air with kalashnikov's at a wedding ? Who the hell goes to a wedding with a machinegun ? If i was that pilot i'd probably dropped a couple of eggs on them as well !
Umm. Different cultures have different customs, y'know? I think that it is our armed forces responsibiliy to learn these kinds of things before they wage war.

Ever heard of the 21 Gun Salute?

Mark
[/QUOTE]You're talking about army traditions right ? There's nothing wrong with that. But not on a civil wedding, comon please !!!! Pretty soon as a US fighter plane patrols the area, all of a sudden there'll be thousands of weddings all at the same time, give me a break. If they really fired those machineguns in the air, tradition or no, it's their own fault, period !
Old 07-01-2002, 06:59 PM   #16
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
You're talking about army traditions right ? There's nothing wrong with that. But not on a civil wedding, comon please !!!! Pretty soon as a US fighter plane patrols the area, all of a sudden there'll be thousands of weddings all at the same time, give me a break. If they really fired those machineguns in the air, tradition or no, it's their own fault, period !
They probably frown upon our tradition to throw with rice during weddings as well... Who are we to judge another culture's traditions? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2002, 07:00 PM   #17
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
They use live rounds in 21 gun salutes now? Outstanding!!! I may hve to move closer to a military base! Houses are bound to be destroyed and I'll be there to rebuild them! Thanks for the info, I owe you some beer!
Excuse my ignorance.

Mark
Old 07-01-2002, 07:01 PM   #18
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

I heard about an incident very similar to this two months ago.
Either:
a) America has now only decided to relase this information.
or
b) They are stupid enough to have done it again.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 07-01-2002, 07:03 PM   #19
skywalker
Banned User

Just forget I posted this thread at all. It's pretty clear, here, that the Afghanies were wrong and the children that died deserved their fate. I'm glad there was enough humor about this story to go around, though! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Mark
Old 07-01-2002, 07:06 PM   #20
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
quote:
You're talking about army traditions right ? There's nothing wrong with that. But not on a civil wedding, comon please !!!! Pretty soon as a US fighter plane patrols the area, all of a sudden there'll be thousands of weddings all at the same time, give me a break. If they really fired those machineguns in the air, tradition or no, it's their own fault, period !
They probably frown upon our tradition to throw with rice during weddings as well... Who are we to judge another culture's traditions? [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Well, I judge them, throwing rice has never killed someone as far as i can remember, kalashnikov's do !