Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-15-2001, 06:21 PM   #41
Legolas
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Barb:
Mitros, Sean is spelt Sean not SHAWN this IS the real way!

I THINK Shawn knows how to spell his own name [img]smile.gif[/img] . Shawn is a normal name, with S-H-A-W-N being the correct spelling. Trust me on this

My name would be Steven, though I usually prefer Steve in English, as it sounds better in my opinion, and who cares about a single 'n' anyway [img]smile.gif[/img]

My IW name, Legolas the Elven Archer, was chosen because Legolas was the name of my BG1 ranger, and he became an Archer in BG2. The reason I chose that name was because Legolas is a cool character from the Lord of the Rings who fits my idea of a ranger (not a LOTR ranger, but a FR ranger) and more so that of an Archer.
The 'the Elven Archer' extention was chosen because there already was a Legolas, and my character was at that time an Archer, plus he was elven. In the brief period I got to change my name, I removed the extention because that was what I originally wanted, and because noone bothered to call me Legolas the Elven Archer but simply said Legolas. History class dismissed!

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Old 12-15-2001, 07:49 PM   #42
LennonCook
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Barb:

oh, thats nice, real nice and um No thanks.

Blame Sir Regin. HEs the one who asked us to explaion how we chose our Screen names, remember...
Old 12-15-2001, 08:07 PM   #43
jabidas
Silver Dragon

My name is Bond, James Bond.

Ok I admit that was a lie. My name Vader, Darth Vader. Ok its Richard, I admit it.
Old 12-15-2001, 08:14 PM   #44
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

quote:
Originally posted by jabidas:
My name is Bond, James Bond.

Ok I admit that was a lie. My name Vader, Darth Vader. Ok its Richard, I admit it.

And he is shaken, NOT stirred
Old 12-16-2001, 01:21 AM   #45
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
My real name is Scott, but I'm not from Scotland.

Cerek Tolgar was my most powerful PnP character. When I finally quit playing him he had these attributes.

Level: 28
Hit Points: 400 (barbarian Con bonus. Our group had hp cap of 400, or it could've been more. Legends & Lore restricted diety's to 400hp and no mortal could have more hp than there diety).

Special Attribute (gained from relic) 99% Magic Resistance. Unaffected by casters' level and total immunity to any spell below 7th level.
In other words, he was a PnP Wizard Slayer - and that happens to be what I'm playing him as in BGII.

AFA his physical stats go, his Str and Con had been magically raised to 20. Dex was 18. He was a walking POWERHOUSE!!!

You must have kissed your DM's ass. A relic raised your magic resistance to 99%? Must be nice. I used to have to pull teeth to get a +1 sword or something.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 12-16-2001, 01:27 AM   #46
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

My name is Leonardo Da Vinci

well, idiot, obviously it is my name, it is not what I do

ok, it is Leo
Old 12-16-2001, 04:51 AM   #47
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Hey what happened to my other post?!
That's weird..
Well, it was something like this:

"Now we know your real names, let's share why you chose your IW name.
I chose Regin (pronounced Rejgin [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) because of a dwarf with that name in one of the discworld games."

Or something like that [img]smile.gif[/img]

(Oh and if my post by any chance had gotten deleted by a mod, I'll take the risk of posting it again [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2001, 04:54 AM   #48
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:

I THINK Shawn knows how to spell his own name [img]smile.gif[/img] . Shawn is a normal name, with S-H-A-W-N being the correct spelling. Trust me on this

!

Sean is the traditional Irish spelling!
Old 12-16-2001, 05:14 AM   #49
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

mines Kalum.....
this is real pretty...
oh yeah i chose my Iw name cos for a while my nicname ws and still is rogue..so rogue>rogovich>rogviskinov>rogovicius > but settled on madman rogovich
Old 12-16-2001, 05:36 AM   #50
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

quote:
Originally posted by Madman-Rogovich:
mines Kalum.....
this is real pretty...
oh yeah i chose my Iw name cos for a while my nicname ws and still is rogue..so rogue>rogovich>rogviskinov>rogovicius > but settled on madman rogovich

You certainly got the MAD part right! [j/k]