Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2001, 02:59 PM   #1
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

A glint of steel flashed in the corner of my eye. Busy with bandaging my burning wounds I acted like I didnt see it. Placing my two handed sword in a ready position slowly as not to draw what ever it is out yet.
As I hoped this was not anymore of those metalic like beasts I had encountered earlier in the day. As quickly as my thoughts ended the beasts decended upon me. Their gaze itself drawing power from me. Compounded with some sort of darkened whips and black blades it seemed like they were everywhere. Very quite and stealthy they were.
Concentraiting on a defensive slashing move I have perfected over time I made them inch back little by little. Sparks lite up the passage way. Enough for me to see a stairway to the right of my position. If this battle continues, I thought, time would claim victory over me...death in this subterrianian nest.
These beasts seem to have match for match in melee attacks I thought...Thats it!Shells of a higher power in a different plane.
Drawing them in with a enticing fake stumble one of them made a huge mistake in lunging at me. The move I was waiting for. Dropping to the floor I grabbed the the beast by its legs and pulled it tward me. To my surprise it was very light. Possibly a design to make them as quick as they are. Startling the others with this move gave me the opening I needed. I grabbed the fallen one by the abdomen and rolling it on top of my muscle bound legs I launched this thing into the others toppling them all. I quickly ran for the stairs. The lack of melee sparks darkened my keen sight but my estimate where they were came out perfect.
I jumped and hit the treads in full stride. I placed a Kaldorian mine going down them to seal off the top treads. BOOM! Dust and smoke filled my lungs as I ran. Mybe I shouldnt have been going deeper into this place I pondered.
Having dropped my two handed sword I pulled the Mace of Balance from my pack. Ready if somehow I was followed or put myself in a deeper situation. All quite. Nothing stirred for ages it seemed. My thoughts turned twards my friends. How they were fairing after we were split up....
Old 12-06-2001, 03:12 PM   #2
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Is this a private thread or can anyone jump in [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir ReGiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 09:40 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry had been named the Commander of night-raids for a reason. His stealth was exceptional, and where darkness brought doubt and fear to others, Larry found his courage.
His home.
But this was not yet night-time. Being totally out of his comfort zone, wielding his quarter-staff, he fought bravely but he was just not up to face-to-face confrontations in the light of day. His enemies had a clear advantage over him. How was he going to get out of this one? Conan and he had been separated a little less than an hour ago, and already, Larry was faring poorly for himself. He didn't know what had hit them, nor where it all came from. He remembered a flash, and the silhoette of a man, making gestures in the air. A mage, no doubt. And where were the others? The Ironworks' Peace-keepers??
Again, his attention had been diverted too long, and a sharp pain in his back told him that his hiding place had been discovered. Running as fast as his trembling feet could take him, Larry jumped over a dead body of somebody. He did not have time to investigate who. He heard the wing flaps behind him.

"Curse all this light! I need to get to help!"
Not paying attention again, Larry ran right into an ambush. Stopping short of running right into the creatures, he tried to turn, but felt the claws of the one behind him grip his arms and hold him still. "Divided, we fall..my brethren...divided, we fall."
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 10:38 PM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

"Oh curse by the Gods what is this thing?!" I ponded the snake-like creature with the hilt of my long sword forcefully as it came right back up after being hit a dozen times. Green liqors spilled from its brain following my desperate blow, fear had got me there. I moved my sword wielding hand a little to relax the impact. Without turning, I asked "Morias, you doing OK?"

There came no responds

The lightless corridle echoed the sound of silence. I couldn't make out things beyond my torch light. I stood in place, sword ready "Morias?"

There came no responds

what must I do? I need to get out here, I need to get out here! Where is Morias? I need to get out here, but where is Morias? He was with me! oh god... what must I do!

Without even knowing, I broke into a run, diving headlong into the darkness. (The corridle is supposed to lead me to the storage room where I could find elevators for upper levels, but I dont know this in panicking) Perhaps instinct saved me, or perhaps it was just a trick played by my mind, the moment I ran off, I thought I heard something hissed out the shadow behind me. I swore I felt something flipping over my head, as if trying to drag me into the descending darkness.

OOC: I am a patroling guard
250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 04:00 AM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I ran along the achway, my torch leaped and danced as my heavy steps bounced on the stone floor rapidly. Out of the cornor of my eyes, I could see my shadow beside me dancing wildly as the fire played the illusions. I nearly tripped as I stepped on an uneven rock. My eyes stung with sweat, I batted my eyelids rapidly to rid of the pain.

I jumped on my feet, and turned to look when something flipped behind me. I was sure something was there. I waved my torchs left and right, hoping to drive away the shadows that seem to have lives of their own. I saw nothing

Couldn't bare to wait any longer, I turned and ran on. My heavy foot steps echoed in the long corridle...
Old 12-07-2001, 11:11 AM   #6
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

....Noticing the blood on my hands I settled myself down. Remembering what my old master taught me I clasp my hands together and concentraited on the words he said. Imediately my inner essence soothed and the gash on my left arm closed.
Taking only minutes to recover I became aware of my surroundings.The faint glow of magic eminating from the mace of balance gave me enough light to see 10 feet or so in front of me. The floor looked like wilted grass and walls a greenish moss covered some sort of stone work. Humidity and heat started to draw sweat from my massive arms and chest. This passage almost felt alive matching my every breath and heart beat.
Wondering in circles it seemed I thought I heard a faint sound. A trickle of water perhaps..Following the heavier moss and small signs I stopped to what appeared to be a dead end. The strong odors of foul beasts filled my senses. My skin started to sting and I felt a strong urgency to hasten my actions to see my comrads again. Knowing we must find what we came here for....
Old 12-07-2001, 08:49 PM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I watch them watching me. The demon behind me has a firm grip and is not about to let go. The largest one in front of me appeared to be the leader of this unholy brigade. They muttered something in their tongue and appeared to laugh, if demons do such a thing. How I was going to get out of this one, I did not know. Nor did I know if there were any other survivors besides myself. I had seen Conan enter into the underground. I had heard that 250 was also in that same region. I had to get to them if possible. Then we could find the others. My attention was brought back to the task at hand as the leader-demon came near and held a dagger, dripping with an ichor of tar-like substance. This was it, then...the end of my career as an Ironworks Peacekeeper. Long live Ziroc! I shouted at the beast, as he brought the dagger in a straight-foward motion to stab my heart. Then, I saw my way out. I bent straight over in a heaving jerk and brought my captor over my back in time to meet that hellacious dagger. The scream of agony was then followed by the fool loosing its' grip on me. As it fell over me and into it's surprised leader, I regained my posture, and ran like hell! There were shouts and growls and I don't know what else behind me, coming up quick. I felt a searing pain in my leg, and another in my shoulder. On I kept running. I could not hope to face so many at once. Yet, where was I to lead this pack of wild beasts? To my possibly live friends, only to mean their death as well as mine own? I could not do that. Conan must live at all costs. I had to divert these creatures another way. Seeing a tall building that had survived the blast earlier that day, I ran inside. I hope this is not another trap...
Old 12-08-2001, 02:37 AM   #8
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Well, I dont know if this is a countinuation from another thread, and I have forgotten to keep up with IWPK (Yes, yes, shame on me) But this looks kina fun, how excaley dose this work? Do you just make up your own thing and go along or what?
Old 12-08-2001, 03:00 AM   #9
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

The corridle is so damn long!! I wanted to cry, but when does this end? And where is Morias? I've been running for something like five minutes, the faint light coming through the door is just about fifty ft ahead of me, and it remained so for like an eternity!

Sweating and breathing heavily, I slowed my pace, only to immediately speed up out of desperation. God help me, please, God help me! What is happening here? Why cannot I reach the goddamn door??!

Darkness is all about me, snickering and winking. I felt their belittling and mocking. Angerily, I struck my sword into the dark "Shut up you bastards!" The sword hit the wall and sparkled current for less than a brief second, the sound ring loudly around me. Down behind the corridle, I heard it echoing back through the endless darkness, and with it came the low, uncomprehensible voices. This time it is no trick, I hear it! The gloom, mumbling voices felt so near as if they are talking beside my ear, but the language was so foreign... I stood in place, looking into the dark, the hair on my back stood up. I hear my own heartbeat, booming thunderously in my body

"quiet, quiet please, be quiet" I mentally begged to my heart "just be quiet... please, I beg you, be quiet... please, ■■■■■■■ be quiet!!!"

For an eternity I stood still, but nothing happened. The torch on my hand is burning low. I bitted my lips so hard I could taste the blood, the pain brought some sense into me. "dont stop, run" I tell myself "don't stop, run, just run, start now! run! run! the door is just behind you, run!" with a yelp, I turned and resumed running, then i stepped on something, tripped and fell

The torch hit the floor, the flames jumpped in protest for a brief second, then die down rapidly...

through the dim light, I saw a body laying on the ground on his stomache. It is Morias! "Morias? is that you?" I couldn't believe my eyes! "Morias, you ok? answer me, answer me please!"

The body flinched, and Morias turned his face to see me. The last beam of the torch died out as I saw a battered and scared face smiling at me, one eyeball dropping out of his skull, greenish and grey liqor tainted the decayed blood-covering facial muscle.

I screamed, but I couldn't hear my own voice. Sword slashing wildly, I stumbled on my feet. Feeling something grabbed my foot, I kicked and stepped and smashed whatever it was. I ran, towards the door I ran, that was all I had in mind. I ran, I ran, I ran away from whatever that thing was, I ran in darkness, endless darkness, endless corridle... I ran...
Old 12-08-2001, 10:48 AM   #10
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>> Dang, 250...that was freaking cool! Keep up the good work!