Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-30-2001, 04:42 PM   #1
Glycerine
Manshoon

Well after getting to the very end of the game with 2 different classes and playing over half-way through with a third, I finally finished the game with my Kensai/Mage. I must say the final battle was pretty easy, much more so then what I expected. The beholder battle wiped my pure mage character out, but this time my Kensai/Mage and company were prepared and we mopped the floor with 'em! Imoen was the only party member who didn't make it through the final battle with Irenicus. (She also died while fighting the dragon...hmmm...) Irenicus' only defense was throwing up prot. from magical weapons. Once we brought all his spell protections down, my kensai/mage went straight up and proceeded to beat him senseless.

Now I'm of course ready for Throne of Bhaal. I'm pretty sure I'll play thru BG2 again, though. Out of all three times with three different classes I never once had a romance go from beginning to end, so I'd like to try that out. There were also several characters I wanted to use more, but didn't for various reasons. (Jaheira is one...for some reason I always kick her out of the party early in the game...)

So what's next? Finished Icewind Dale already, but not the expansion. Still need to go through Torment, so that might be where I go next. I love that game and keep wanting to play it all the way through, but something always pulls me away. I also played Summoner a good ways through and still need to finish it, as well as Evil Islands. They'll all have to wait until I'm done with MvC2 though. Anyone have any other good RPG suggestions?

Glycerine
Old 05-30-2001, 04:49 PM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Torment is a good next game, it lacks replayability however, I've completed BG2 5 times, each time with a different party, every time with a Male Sorcerer as the Bhaalspawn, though I used a Human Sorcerer the first 3 times and an Elf Sorcerer the 2 last.
Old 05-30-2001, 04:53 PM   #3
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Torment is a good next game, it lacks replayability however, I've completed BG2 5 times, each time with a different party, every time with a Male Sorcerer as the Bhaalspawn, though I used a Human Sorcerer the first 3 times and an Elf Sorcerer the 2 last.
Torments got replayability in bagfulls

Didn't it annoy you, all the little things you misse d?
TORMENT SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How about the fourth member of The nameless one's old party? have you found him? or read Graces diary? Or the guys Name? there's plently of things to keep you going through again and again

------------------
Old 05-30-2001, 04:57 PM   #4
Neb
Account deleted by Request

TORMENT SPOILERS AHEAD
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-

The 4th member was that blind archer right? I never could get to speak with him, because he went permanently hostile when the Dustmen did.

I never read Grace's diary, how do you do that?

And how do you get Nordom the Rule-Of-Three bolts?

Can you settle the battle with the mechanical wizard in the cube peacefully?

Can you do anything about the Cranium Rat in the retarded guy in the underground town's house?

Of course, I never DID join any of the two Chaos Factions(Xaositects, and Anarchists) or the Dustmen.

I never got the Entropy Blade either.

Old 05-30-2001, 07:50 PM   #5
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

The blind archer xacharia only tells you stuff that you will learn by the end of the game from dakkon and morte but he does give you his liver and his heart. Heart gives permanent +1 dexterity and the liver can be used when ignus is teaching you spells. Cant read graces diary its just one of the many loop holes left when they shipped the game early. I think you have to had solved the rule of three earing puzzle and have a high enough intelligence then tell him to make pyramid shaped bolts. The mechanical wizard will fight you even if you have 25's in all stats no way to get around it. If you kill many as one and you have a low charisma the retarded guy will morph in to a wererat. All the other factions suck anyway stick with the godsmen and entropy blade is the second best weapon next to trias the deva's sword. Go here for more planescape:torment information http://www.gamejag.com/planescape/index.htm

------------------
BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!