Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 02-27-2001, 09:26 PM   #11
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

when you won't visit Mammoth Caves because you are certain it is just a Boogres trap!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 09:50 PM   #12
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

You know you are the "Chosen One" and wonder why the "Three Oracles" will not let you pass through the gate without a "Passport". You say to them, "But I am the Chosen One, and I have the Holy Signant!"
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 10:20 PM   #13
jonII

When you quit your PhD program because you figure you'll only have the degree conferred by the time you're about to retire anyhow (Zen?)

When you hand in a research report, get commended for it, leave the room, come back in, hand it in again, etc., hope that in this way you'll satisfy all the course requirements for the year in under one hour.

When you have a Tourette's-like desire to yell Zibby Dibby Die in confession.

When you don't bother improving yourself in any way, because it really brings no social benefit.

When you get discouraged with university because even after your fourth masters degree and second PhD, the guy at the bookstore will always be more powerful than you.

When you start walking the streets of your town with your face pressed to the buildings beside you, in case this lets you map more.

When you look at your supervisor and think, "he looks so lifelike. Why does he still think as two-dimentionally as an Intellevision game?" ("...for the last time, I DID find the leprechaun!!")

When you finished the game in about a month, then spend the next two months hooked on the message forum. Great thread!
Old 03-02-2001, 01:37 PM   #14
Conan

You know you have been playing to long when...you are found outside buck naked talking to a mishapen oak tree about dragon arrows and pyramids...
Old 03-04-2001, 08:52 PM   #15
gregger
Dungeon Master

When you see your priest at church and greet him with, "Hello, (name of your Priest character)".

When you begin to hate the bats you see at the zoo.

jsmile:

------------------
Apprentice2All

[This message has been edited by gregger (edited 03-04-2001).]

[This message has been edited by gregger (edited 03-04-2001).]
gregger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 07:47 PM   #16
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

When after months of playing and reading this board you still can learn something new!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 07:53 PM   #17
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

You don't need to play anymore because you can play the game in your head.

------------------
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 09:49 PM   #18
FanPyre
Dungeon Master

When one of your lungs collapses because you think u can dive 200 feet into the water and emerge alive and ok every time.
When You raid all the religious shops looking for crosses so you can invoke them to increase your strength and make you smarter etc.
When You decide u dont wanna be a monk because then you wont be able to learn how to cure yourself of poison (the knowledge will be permanently inaccesible because the universe doesnt allow monks to learn how to cure poison by themselves, but strangely it allows priests to do it)
When you dont mind walking around town dressed only in a loincloth, because everyone will understand that you are just starting in your adventure.
When you expect your local jeweler to send you on a quest and then rudely ask you why you havent done it yet everytime you stop by to look at his rings.
When you become frustrated because you cant find a decent armor store or thieves guild in the yellow pages.
FanPyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 10:42 PM   #19
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Still playing the game in my dreams

suspected my brother to be the Cet in disguise

called the bar 'tavern'

my index finger is swollen from fighting and running

[This message has been edited by adam warlock (edited 03-05-2001).]
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 10:44 PM   #20
slug
Manshoon

when you ask your chaplin, "where's the weapons? and not the crap either, i want the good stuff."

you see horses and wonder what it would take to kill them, and how many oomphaz they could carry.

you keep thinking you've just seen a little shadow run by.

you give the butcher a rare book, hoping he'll teach you how to rebuild your engine.

think seriously about promotions that would ruin your social life.

slug is offline   Reply With Quote