Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 11-08-2000, 02:40 PM   #11
Kate
Welcomed New User

A clock/calendar would be nice.
Night is too long and dark.
Definitely agree that monsters shouldn't be able to attack while you are levelling up.
Proper turn based combat would be a great help to people with slow reactions like me, and sensible shortcuts for combat.
And yes, identifying rusty bloody swords.
Has anybody noticed, that when you pause the game, the "time" still ticks away? When you unpause the light suddenly changes, the moon moves across the sky (if it's night - the distances depends on the length of time you have been paused - silly!)
And a better levelling up system.
And also get rid of those bloody Amazoni Plants!!!!! I STILL haven't got past the buggers.
I agree it is a pain trying to pick stuff up sometimes.
And please.... why do we have to see every glow-worm, fish, bird, roach and other non-hostile animals on the map when using the spirit eye spell?
Probably think of more as soon as I send this.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2000, 02:40 PM   #12
Kate
Welcomed New User

A clock/calendar would be nice.
Night is too long and dark.
Definitely agree that monsters shouldn't be able to attack while you are levelling up.
Proper turn based combat would be a great help to people with slow reactions like me, and sensible shortcuts for combat.
And yes, identifying rusty bloody swords.
Has anybody noticed, that when you pause the game, the "time" still ticks away? When you unpause the light suddenly changes, the moon moves across the sky (if it's night - the distances depends on the length of time you have been paused - silly!)
And a better levelling up system.
And also get rid of those bloody Amazoni Plants!!!!! I STILL haven't got past the buggers.
I agree it is a pain trying to pick stuff up sometimes.
And please.... why do we have to see every glow-worm, fish, bird, roach and other non-hostile animals on the map when using the spirit eye spell?
Oh yeah, why can pirahnas still attack you when you are on the raft?
Probably think of more as soon as I send this.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2000, 02:50 PM   #13
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Ah yes - LEVELING UP

When I changed class for the first time and was out adventuring for a while it annoyed the heck out of me that the program automatically went through ALL the levels up my character had earned rather than allowing me the opportunity to buy some extra training inbetween (providing I could afford it). I really don't like having to rush back to town everytime a new character class makes a level just to take advantage of the training.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2000, 01:08 PM   #14
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

More Guild Quests

On replaying the game and switching more characters from one class to another I decided that I really would like it if Guilds offered more quests. I started back to the first town thinking I might have some of my characters do some of the earlier quests that other characters had already completed and decided that was really a bore.

There was one quest I got in the first town that I was never able to complete, come to think of it. Some temple fool running around converting folks that I was supposed to off. I think I might have met him early in the game but not having that quest at that time I didn't kill him and I've never seen him again.

More quests! More variety of quests!

Wyv
Old 11-17-2000, 07:08 PM   #15
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Thought of another one tonight!

I would like to have an online place where I could load up my characters to trade things with your characters! I've been saving up tons of musical instuments and have yet to make any of my character a bard and then there are bards posting that are having difficulty finding instuments. If we could only trade!
One character's junk is another character's treasure!

Wyv
Old 11-17-2000, 07:26 PM   #16
Regis
Welcomed New User

I just want to Alt-tab out...I spend time in IRC chats and like to switch back and forth from time to time. Plus, I could then look up answers to problems while still playing.
Regis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2000, 07:37 PM   #17
Squee!

i think there needs to be more emphasis on other weapons such as axes, polearms, etc

instead of just swords and staves

throwing weapons and bows could be more powerful too - its hard enough hitting em, but when they hit, they do way too little damage

more spells perhaps, so level 8 spiritcraft might do something

more races/classes - and a little more restriction on interchanging classes - how can a priest be a warlock, then a samurai and then a barbarian? ludicrous!

better transportation! going from the isle of sands back to brimloch roon takes waaaaay too long

thats it for now!
Old 11-17-2000, 07:37 PM   #18
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

I'd scrap the interface and make one that was sleek, lean, and mean... imagine Wizards and Warriors with an interface like System Shock 2.. wow! Instead of a 25% play window, have an option for an interface that slowly fades out after a certain interval if you choose.. say interface transparency increases at a rate of 7% per second of non-hostile interaction, then snaps back to 0% transparency as soon as hostile activity is detected. Of course, you could disable this. I wonder why most RPG interfaces just look old and tired? After playing SS2, Fallout 2, etc., it's still taking me a while to get used to the blurry fonts and cruddy looking buttons.

But then, I guess that's not going to happen in a patch, lol.. maybe for W&W2 (if there is one.)

P.S. Has anyone played Alone in the Dark? I picked that up this last weekend for $5.. wow, it's spooky! Great music. Decent voice acting, too!
freudianslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2000, 07:59 PM   #19
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Squee!
Very good point about the other weapons. Though I have raised some of my characters abilities with the other weapons there really does seem to be a sword and staves bias. Have I not been paying attention or does it seem like you rarely find really great weapons of the other types?? Or maybe it's by then you've already invested in increasing your character's ability with whatever weapon they started so you don't want to switch.

Slip - are you really Alone in the Dark, i.e. single character, or do you have a party?? What's it like beside SPOOKY??

Wyv
Old 11-17-2000, 11:48 PM   #20
Squee!

hi

funnily enough, my warlock has the most damaging weapon, and its a little dagger (wizards dagger i think) - it does more damage than a huge 2 handed sword + 1 which my paladin uses

shields arent that useful either, which is a shame

ah... system shock 2... i hear its coming out on the dreamcast - so i will finally get it then since my dreamcast outperforms my computer in everything

bye for now