Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2004, 03:05 AM   #1
E.Bill
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Right. Im a newbie to IWD II and ive just started my game for real.
Now the problem is - at the prologue, right after i defeat the goblins invading the palisade, the game freezes.
I cant move the mouse, but the music continues.. if i check the task manager it says the game is not responding. My computer restarts right after i terminate the problem.

Can anyone tell me what happens at that part - why this could cause the problem im facing, and how (id be very grateful) i could fix it?

Thx a lot.

Oh BTW my party is :

Female Drow Lvl 1 Bard/Level 1 Priest of Oghma (im having second thoughts as with the ECL penalty it maay not be a great idea - but i could prolly get to bard level 11. Still high diplomacy and good pike usage means she's a good leader)

Male Aasimar Paladin of Helm level 2

Male Halforc Battleguard of tempus/Barbarian (I like this combo- i diddnt have to waste a skill point on weapon proficency/ and tempus strength combined with 20 STR base and barbarian rage and power attack is nice)

Male Drow wizard level 2 - again im questioning this combo because of the ECL

Female tiefling rogue level 1/ Diviner level 1 - Massive int obviously pointed to a mage multiclass

Male Aasimar Druid - i dont plan to multiclass this guy. Never used shapechange before.

If i need to start again i think ill change the party, but at the moment, its not bad

Thx again
Old 05-27-2004, 08:12 AM   #2
E.Bill
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OK. I tried again, and this time possessed two of the wolves. Nothing happened. So i wandered around, while my dogs ran around randomly. When i killed the dogs, it froze again.
Once the message at the bottom told me that the dogs had attacked one of the mercenaries and i had the whole base on my heels. After slaughtering all the survivors, nothing happened...
This is really annoying
Do i need to download a patch or something. can someone direct me to a place where i can do this?
Thx
Old 05-27-2004, 10:28 AM   #3
Nightowl2
Galvatron

It would help if you posted you posted your system specs. Also, check to see what may be running in the background that you don't need, like a virus checker and other software. Games are resource hogs and sometimes crashes happen because other programs are running, too.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 12:57 PM   #4
TheGlow
Dungeon Master

i think drow eclis worth it. 4 extra stat points and magic resist you cant just get anywhere, and its just a lil xp setback, time will fix that
TheGlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 02:53 PM   #5
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
Check the first topic in the IWD2 Forum for information about the patch, E.Bill, otherwise, Welcome to Ironworks.

I've only fairly recently started the game as well. I'm up to Chapter 2 and haven't encountered any problems and yet I don't have the patch installed. Sounds like you have some kind hardware clash...something's not right. Do as NightOwl2 suggested. Rebooting might help too.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 05:15 PM   #6
TheGlow
Dungeon Master

Go for the patch. Thats why they come up with such things. Might be a video card issue since forcing it to close with task manager shouldnt be making your pc shut off either.
TheGlow is offline   Reply With Quote