Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-21-2001, 09:35 AM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Today is officially the first full day of summer (for the northern hemisphere; our southern hemisphere friends are just entering their first days of their "winter.") So I just wanted to officially wish everyone a "Happy Solstice!"

Does anyone have any special plans for this summer season?

My wife and I always go to Galveston to the beach for a couple of days in either July or August, depending on the moon (tides). I'm also outdoors a LOT more, except when it gets to be 100+ F (38+ C) weather. Then I'm glad to stay in a nice cool classroom or office!

Anyone else...any good plans for the summer?

Old 06-21-2001, 09:44 AM   #2
Moni

Happy Solstice Sazerac!!!

We already have our plans for the Fourth of July set (hosting out of town friends for fun in San Antonio) but other than that, it will be the usual...fly by the seat of our pants and see where we land LOL!
I am sure we will make it to Padre Island a few times before summer is over.

I got my second set of trellises to tame the other front window this past weekend so I am sure at least a week or two will be spent completing that part of the beautification process I have going on around here. I think I'll wait on the blooming Queen's Crown to die out a little since our first and olny hummingbird of the season showed up a couple of days ago and seems to prefer that section of it as it is hanging over the middle of the yard, suspended by our cable wire.

Moni

------------------

Old 06-21-2001, 09:46 AM   #3
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Happy Summer Solstice!!!!

I have plans for the summer but I don't know how 'cool' and 'happy' they are. For those that don't know, my wife took a job in Chicago (we are reconciling ) so most of my time will be spent in either car or plane going to or from Chicago! I guess I don't mind since I love to drive and airfare is cheap so I can rack up frequent flier miles

Hope everyone has a great summer (winter)!!!!

------------------

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
Old 06-21-2001, 09:52 AM   #4
Moni

Moridin,
You are reconciling!!! That is good news!
Best Wishes Toward Making A Good Thing Better!!!

*HUGS*

Moni

------------------

Old 06-21-2001, 11:27 AM   #5
Conan

Thanks everyone and happy forth coming summer days to you all! This what I feel like thow when I go outside I'm not mad just HOT! I see Africa is going to enjoy the first eclispe of the millenium today also! Exciteing stuff. No solid plans yet but hopeing to go to Wyoming in the last week of July for "the grand rodeo".
Conan

------------------

Old 06-21-2001, 11:47 AM   #6
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Moridin,
You are reconciling!!! That is good news!
Best Wishes Toward Making A Good Thing Better!!!

*HUGS*

Moni

Thanks Moni!
It will be difficult being in two different cities, but you would be amazed at the number of people that have told me they know of couples that only get along when they are living in different cities

------------------

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.