Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-24-2001, 08:59 AM   #1
adam mage

....everytime I wanted to explore further to the stout mines or the dragon's spire, He appears out of nowhere and fries my @$$.

why can't I just throw the shoud at him and use the magic word so he just go away? (I know, I know, he's supposed to be at home when you do that)

what happens if you 'wear' the shoud?
Old 01-24-2001, 09:28 AM   #2
carg
The Magister

Your monk can kick then.
I never found a way to prevent the dragon from breathing on me; he seems to ignore invisibility too.
But when your fire resistance is high you don't have so much trouble with those breath attacks. (That will happen after the stout mines.)
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 09:45 AM   #3
skywalker
Banned User

It has been said by a few posters here that if you follow your oath, you should not kill Erasthmedor. For all the many times he tries to fry your party, I think there is plenty of justification to do in the great old wurm. Even though I was tempted I did not put him out of my misery. But, he better watch out the 2nd time I play this game,for he will be singing in the choir invisible!

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 09:58 AM   #4
adam mage

LOL! skywalker!

hey you think 'shadow' may work? hmmm....
Old 01-24-2001, 10:13 AM   #5
carg
The Magister

Shadow (spell) and shadow cloaking (trait) was what I meant with invisibility. No, doesn't help.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 10:37 AM   #6
adam mage

curses
Old 01-24-2001, 03:50 PM   #7
Eminster

Has anyone ever killed Erathsmedor??? I wonder how much exp he is worth??

I tried killing Oakenmiir but he kicked my butt. Someone else said they killed him but he's next to impossible.
Old 01-24-2001, 03:54 PM   #8
skywalker
Banned User

My party has killed both, but I reset to a previous save. I do know Oakenmire (?) is worth over 10 million points, though.

Mark
Old 01-24-2001, 04:21 PM   #9
Eminster

Did you find any particular spell worked well on Okenmire?
Old 01-24-2001, 05:55 PM   #10
skywalker
Banned User

Hate to be an accessory to tree murder, but the best way to kill The Big Oak is to attack him and lead him into the water. He won't be able to cast spells on your group and , well, my party just chopped him down with no offensive spells. It just took a bit of time to do the dirty deed. Be prepared to go up multiple levels, though.

Mark