Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2001, 01:58 PM   #1
adam mage

Mannnnn... It's difficult to sneak around without waking up the dead!

I had to kill the fish that was in the way in the grate! and the ratlings spotted me! Damn! I got away from them without fighting...

then I was doing fine until I pulled the bridge level, climbed down the stairs, and got blasted by the ghosts!

I Went running back to the castle and discovered my quest is not completed!

do I have to go back and pull the level again or just go back thru the castle and go pass the bridge.... without drawing attention to myself...

what would you do/did?
Old 01-14-2001, 03:10 PM   #2
Thorny

Well, I must say that I went about in a slightly different way. I sent my entire party through the castle, Slaying everything that moved. When I reached the drawbridge, I switched the lever to lower the drawbridge for a convenient route in and out.

It wasn't till later that one of my characters accepted the Ninja quest. At that time I signed up in the Armory, then went straight to the Bushi Dojo where I recieved immediate advancement because the drawbridge was already down.

This is the one elite class quest where all your characters can get advancement without having to complete a quest. Usually, each character has to complete the same quest, like talking to the statue for the Paladin quest. I now have a party of 6 Ninja's (well technically one of them is an assasin!) and I only ever let the drawbridge down once.

It is kind of wierd how the undead Samurai will always reappear after a character chooses the Samurai quest and to bad multiple characters can't complete this quest at the same time.

I recommend saving Ninja as one of the last classses for your characters, after they have cycled through a few others first to gain spells. Try to get to 14th level before switching if you want to regain the ability to learn spells up to seventh level, eventually). Barbarian is a good transition class for wizards to get their hit points up high before switching to Warlocks. Unfortunately, Barbarians require 12 strenth and fortitude. Strength can be trained for gold, but fortitude isn't offered at any of the guilds.

Happy hunting.
Old 01-14-2001, 03:26 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You don't have to really be quiet on this quest. Just don't kill anything.
Run in, switch the lever, make sure the drawbridge is down and then run back to town.

The whole sneaking in bit isn't really necessary.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2001, 06:09 PM   #4
Moni

I took my whole party onto the Castle grounds and killed every non-living thing I could find. Had to off a rat pack too but was no big deal.
Then I too the whole party back to town & let everyone but the would-be ninja sit down for some ale & stew.
The would-be Ninja, I then ran back to the castle alone, flipped the switch & went back to town to be promoted.
They did not seem to have a problem with my whole party having gone ahead slaughtering everything first!
: )
Moni
Old 01-14-2001, 06:54 PM   #5
adam mage

Thorny and Moni - I was thinking about taking that route before I logged on....
thanks
Old 01-14-2001, 08:55 PM   #6
Moni

You bet!
: )
Moni
(Thorny's solution was way easier than mine! I just thought the would-be Ninja had to be the one to open the drawbridge! Doh!)
Old 01-14-2001, 10:34 PM   #7
maxpower

I took my whole party to the castle killed everything in sight went back to town to do some level ups and new training, then found out that I had to do the drawbridge for my ninja (because I forgot..lol). So I went back to the castle fought some black legs on the way and a three spiders, dropped the draw bridge, fought some more red/black-legs on the way back took my whole party into the bushi and got my advancement straight off. It seems to me that you don't really need to do anything else but drop the drawbridge and by any means.

Has anyone had to do this without killing anything...to get the advancement??
Old 01-15-2001, 04:31 AM   #8
carg
The Magister

Surprised at encountering ratlings near the castle? Why else would they have named it Shuriken Ruins?
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 10:49 PM   #9
Moni

Anotha thread to try to help Ruthafud

Moni
Old 04-11-2001, 09:32 AM   #10
KattB
Dungeon Master

I was just reading this poste. hate to see what you said, for one thing I hate to wait..want all my classes, don't every want to change them and want them now
lol. (I just more or less, finished the serpent temple)
I was going to make my rough, level 9, a ninja and hoped it would kick in right away. as barbarian dose and worlock did, with out too hard of a quest. unlike others, I don''t like the idea of keep changing. I will change to a role and keep it. but I tought it would be simple to be a ninja and THEN I would go to the castle with a stonger fighter, and have a ninja the rest of the game. dang. I hate hard leveles and I play on easy..lol. I may never finsh this game if it keeps getting that much harder. lol
Kathy
KattB is offline   Reply With Quote