Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2004, 02:15 PM   #11
The Fallen One
Elminster

actually, Zero Alpha is right. The older generation has to make way for the new generation. The new generation will either suffer or prosper because of the action of the older generation. A repeated cycle if i may say so.

But, no matter what, bush has to voted out during the next election. America has already suffered enough from bush.

[ 01-19-2004, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: The Fallen One ]
Old 01-19-2004, 03:16 PM   #12
Jorath Calar
Harper

Is anyone really stupid enough to get the message from this ad that kids will have to be put to work, watch it agian, as many times as you have to until you understand that the message is that todays kids in the US will have to work harder and have a lower standards of living thanks to a Bush.

And I have to quote Larry
"We are always improving and learning better ways to do things."

That is one of the "funniest" sentence I have read all this year.
We are still fighting wars.
We are still polluting the planet and squandering it's limited resources for very little gain
We have no solutions to overpopulation and world hunger.
People freedom is being limited, everyone is a suspect, big brother is everywere. But it's okey because we have "reality" shows to distract them and keep them happy and occupied
We will have used up all oil, the main fuel resource in 20-30 years and we are not doing anything to find a new one.

Just where is the improvement?
Old 01-19-2004, 05:21 PM   #13
Encard
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:

We will have used up all oil, the main fuel resource in 20-30 years and we are not doing anything to find a new one.
Might I ask why you say we're doing nothing to find a new one, hmm? Because I'm rather certain you're wrong on that. Could give us a bit of something to back up that assertion, please?

Also... I must say, I find it interesting that you seem to be saying people haven't made any progress. The world still has quite a few problems, but no progress? Then why, exactly, aren't there secret police agents at our doors with clubs threatening to torture our families to death, like in the good ol' USSR, and why can we even post thoughts of this nature here? Why aren't there, unless the meaning of the word is stretched grotesquely, serfs anymore in a large section of the world? Why don't I have to look forward to only around 40 years of life before I die? Things aren't perfect, but they've certainly improved over much of the past.

And Bush is ultra-cool and hip, you darn people. 4 more years! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 01-19-2004, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: Encard ]
Old 01-19-2004, 05:32 PM   #14
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks, Encard. You said it more politely than I would have. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2004, 09:15 PM   #15
TheGrandSlayer
Red Wizard of Thay

[quote]Originally posted by Encard:
Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
[qb]
And Bush is ultra-cool and hip, you darn people. 4 more years! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
N0000000000000000000000000000!

*Cough cough* do you not remember?
"Rarely is the question asked 'Is our children learning?'"
Lets get a president with proper grammer!

Edited to remove the annoying page expansion, because there were too many O's.

[ 01-20-2004, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 01-19-2004, 10:25 PM   #16
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
that's a really long negative!! LOL, Bush has the worst grammar I've heard, and that's bad considering my area!
Old 01-20-2004, 01:27 PM   #17
quietman1920

Bush can find my vote after he finds all those WMD that were an 'Imminent Threat' to America. After he finds all that Uranium that Sadam was buying from Africa. Bush knows that after 9/11, Americans have become a Gullible people who are easily misled.

That explains his confidence in relection.

(It also explains his Smirk.)
Old 01-20-2004, 06:22 PM   #18
Encard
Quintesson

Let's see...

First off, that Bush has made grammatical mistakes doesn't get you far onto the path of proving that he's a bad president. It doesn't mean that he's incapable of effectively performing the duties of that office, and I've certainly heard people who speak worse than he does. They're by no measure all stupid.

Next up, for the WMD issue... I'm a bit hesitant to say much at the moment, since I can't remember in detail all I've heard about that. I believe they actually have found some indications that Saddam had then, but I'm not certain, so I'll leave that for the moment. However...
Quote:
Originally posted by quietman1920:
Bush knows that after 9/11, Americans have become a Gullible people who are easily misled.
Ehm, what? I certainly don't agree that people have suddenly become more gullible due to 9/11. Might I ask where you're getting this? Because the only thing I can see for you to have based this assumption on is the difference between your opinion and that of Bush's supporters, which doesn't appear to me to be all that valid. If I'm wrong, please correct me, of course.

[ 01-20-2004, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: Encard ]
Old 01-20-2004, 07:09 PM   #19
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

So what is government policy going to be if G.W is voted off? So far all I'm hearing are rabid exclamations of 'Vote Bush off! Vote Bush off!'. But what do you want the new government to do if and when Bush is outvoted? Do you even have a plan? Any workable policies that will solve the problems you say Bush has made?

I am not a Bush supporter. If I were an American citizen I would most likely never vote Republican (unless the candidate seriously broke with conservative party policy, which defeats the purpose of being Republican anyway). But so far all I'm hearing from his opponents is a pathetic whimper of discontent. Do you realise how weak you look when your entire campaign revolves around bitching about a single figurehead? Do some research, look into workable government policies. Make a stand-alone campaign that does not need to bitch about conservatives to gain support. Above all, get involved in the political process. Don't sit around hoping that some smiley-faced politician is going to have the same goals and ideas that you do. I'll do the same when it comes to my country's elections.

If you oppose Bush, but don't propose any viable alternative to his government, you've already lost the election. But it still might not be too late...

[ 01-21-2004, 05:44 AM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]
Old 01-20-2004, 07:31 PM   #20
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Lets' not forget what hes' done to the clean air act.Paybacks to all his rich business friends that have weakened our enviromental laws leading to more polution.Cut back finacial aid to vets.Etc,etc.Please vote anyone but Bush!!