Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2001, 11:22 AM   #1
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I need help on two different topics.

(1) I downloaded a couple of items from Arundor's Abode (thanks again to Victor Von Steiner for the working link). I used the Infinity Engine to unzip the files and load them in the game, but they haven't shown up yet.
I am facing Firkraag for the first time and was hoping to snatch a couple of swords to help out, but they didn't show up on my inventory.
Have they been downloaded into one of the Merchant's File? I downloaded Xan's Moonblade and the Excalibur pack. Where will I find them in the game?

(2) When responding to a Post in any of the Forums, how can I insert a quote from a previous Post that I am responding too. I've been able to Cut-&-Paste, but I see a lot of Post's that have earlier text "quoted" at the beginning of the message. How do I do that?

Thanks for all of your help.

And remember, the mage is the most valuable member of your party....so he should be the one you try to sell to the Evil Warlord for entertainment.
Old 11-15-2001, 11:26 AM   #2
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Okay, as for number one:

I have no idea [img]tongue.gif[/img]

As for number two.

You press the "quote" button, which is situated at the top of the message, among PM and Edit/Delete...
Old 11-15-2001, 11:26 AM   #3
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
I need help on two different topics.

(1) I downloaded a couple of items from Arundor's Abode (thanks again to Victor Von Steiner for the working link). I used the Infinity Engine to unzip the files and load them in the game, but they haven't shown up yet.
I am facing Firkraag for the first time and was hoping to snatch a couple of swords to help out, but they didn't show up on my inventory.
Have they been downloaded into one of the Merchant's File? I downloaded Xan's Moonblade and the Excalibur pack. Where will I find them in the game?

(2) When responding to a Post in any of the Forums, how can I insert a quote from a previous Post that I am responding too. I've been able to Cut-&-Paste, but I see a lot of Post's that have earlier text "quoted" at the beginning of the message. How do I do that?

Thanks for all of your help.

And remember, the mage is the most valuable member of your party....so he should be the one you try to sell to the Evil Warlord for entertainment.

As far as I'm aware, when yoy download them you're only placing the data for the items into the game, not actually putting the swords themselves in.

If you manually add them into the merxhants using IEEP then they'll show up... another option is to create them in you inventory using the CLUAConsole during the game. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And to quote, look along the line above the post with the email adress, member profile etc, links... to the very right of the list is a small icon with the word "quote" beside it.

[img]smile.gif[/img] , Hope it helps.

[ 11-15-2001: Message edited by: Jerome ]

Old 11-15-2001, 03:16 PM   #4
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sir ReGiN and Jerome, thank you for your help.

I had planned on using the CluaConsole to add the swords, but the Readme File doesn't give the item code to put in. I tried to download the upgradeable Celestial Fury. IEEP couldn't import all the files, but the ReadMe file did have the code for adding the sword straight to inventory.

Since the Moonblade and Excalibur are not part of the original game, then maybe I just need to use their file name.

I'll give that a try --- and thanks again for your help.

Barbarian Magic Missile - Toss a wizard at the biggest monster. Either way, something good is bound to happen.