Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2002, 01:29 AM   #1
Rondo_GE
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just thought I'd let anyone know who is thinking of using this plug-in...the Liche at the end of this quest is ONE serious tough cookie. Probably tougher than anything you will face in this game unless you decide to take on Vivec or maybe Dagoth Ur without killing too many Ash Vampires.

Took my level 17 Morag Tong Assasin in there with Goldbrand and it was like hitting it with a plastic fork. I had to retreat.

Took my Level 26 battlemage in there with a Daedric Battle Axe (and the usual "stuff") and got trounced.

Finally took my level 31 Nevarine Worrier in there equipped with Sunder and the Wraithgaurd and took it down. But only after I had to retreat once and run around the columns healing up while he chased me.

The dude is fast and never seems to run out of magika even though I hit him with damage magika and intelligience spells over and over. He doesnt reflect much as I could see but it doesn't seem to matter. He might be absorbing...hmmm.

Also I don't know what his agility is...but man this thing will not stumble or fall and I hit this thing maybe 30 times with Sunder on a character with about 115 strength. He don't go down and Sunder is a hammer.

Anyway he is beatable but only by a top flight PC with some serious artifacts. If you bring your little "party" they will all be killed or you will end up killing some of thenm yourself with "friendly fire" from one of your spells or Sunder. I left them outside after they cleared out the division of skeleton worriers. (Took em back out actually). You can clear out the skeletons just back keeping everyone against the door. They will come to you and the Liche won't attack because he is way back against the other wall and can't see you. Your party is good for that.

Also don't even think about using a medium artifact. It'll just bounce off him. Only top of the line stuff will hurt him at all.

When I came back I was by myself. (I ran past my partry and entered the tomb before they could catch up). My plan of attack was to buff up (Soul Ring/Blood ring) use a long lasting invisibility spell and run up the isle straight at him then lay into him fast and hard. Don't let up for an instant unless you have to run for it. He is not stunned all that much when you hit him like the wimpy Ash Vampires are...just keeps fighting and raining some immensely powerful destruction spells on you.

Anyway if this is what we have to look forward to in Tribunal it's gonna rock.

Oh yeah, my Battle Mage finally did take him out as a level 36 Arch Mage of the Guild. Trebonius Amulet is a VERY powerful artifact, one of the best in the game. Of course you gotta kill Trebonius to get it.
Rondo_GE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 05:05 AM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

don't know why so many people think the lich is tough. I took him out easily with my lv76 adventurer. * cough cough * [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 05:50 AM   #3
Grungi
Banned User

yeah i wonder how people still have low level characters, i couldnt stop mine levelling, everytime i explore somewhere new i normally go up at least 1 level due to all the skill gains, i been high level for ages now, i think levelling system in morrowind needs tweaking somehow, its way too easy to level, i like the skills system but maybe getting the final 10 or 20 points in each skill to max it should be made especially hard with say extra quests or master training involving some kind of payoff or someat
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 08:46 AM   #4
Mellagar

I went after the liche with my level 63 adventurer. He was tough, had to drink a couple of healing potions, but otherwise he never stood a chance. Although after awhile I was wondering how many times I had clunked him over the head with my sword. His spells were pretty strong though, and I was surprised at how much tougher this liche was compared to Dagoth Ur, who was like drop-kicking a six grader. But I agree that if Tribunal has characters as tough or tougher than the liche it will prove to be a interesting game.
Mellagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 12:37 PM   #5
B_part
Quintesson

If you want a tough fight, goto morrowindfiles.com and download the giants 2.0 mod. Then go north of Sadrith Mora and play with the titan...

I thought I was strong (lvl 45), and I simply charged head down: I hit twice, barely scratching him... he hit twice and killed me (wich was a big surprise, I don't remember dying once since lvl 3 or sthg like that). Anyway, I got back reloading, jumped on a rock (110 acrobatics helps there) and took my daedric longbow out: 15 silver arrows is all it took to kill it (marksman 100)!

In other words, if you are tired of those lame little Ascended sleepers and Golden saints whom you can kill with a single hit, try this mod, you will be in for nasty surprises.
Old 11-06-2002, 04:26 PM   #6
Rageheart
Emerald Dragon

what's a liche??? sounds like a vegetable....mmmmmmm vegetables.....
Old 11-06-2002, 06:56 PM   #7
Mellagar

It is a vegetable........a big mean, nasty, carrot like...thing.....with big nasty pointed teeth!
Mellagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 07:07 PM   #8
Rondo_GE
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Grungi:
yeah i wonder how people still have low level characters, i couldnt stop mine levelling, everytime i explore somewhere new i normally go up at least 1 level due to all the skill gains, i been high level for ages now, i think levelling system in morrowind needs tweaking somehow, its way too easy to level, i like the skills system but maybe getting the final 10 or 20 points in each skill to max it should be made especially hard with say extra quests or master training involving some kind of payoff or someat
You are right Grungi. I am having the same problem. The game is a whole lot more fun at lower levels, my favs being 5-15. Things need to slow down considerably after that. Would the difficulty bar in the options menu guide that at all?

The only quick solution other than restructering the leveling system in the game is to be able to toggle skill increases on and off at will in the options menu.

So you see an inviting dungeon that you want to explore. Save the game and toggle skill increases "off". You go come out of the dungeon with the same skills you had when you went in. (Except for any artifacts or loot which is ok by me). Since its optional who would complain?

Not sure this is mod-able so I think Bethesda needs to be petitioned. Any good forums for that?

Training is another problem but it is mostly a matter of choice. Use em or don't. But they are AWFULLY enticing. Heck even your enemies in the dungeons offer training once you calm em down and start conversing...lol. This is mod-able since you could conceivably edit out the training options for each NPC. But yuk, that's a ton of work and a spoiler for sure.

I think eventually, if there is a Morrowind IV, training should be treated similar to the way your enchant skill increases with soul gems. You would just have so many training sessions with an NPC trainer (1-5) and instead of whole increases they would increase your skill in fractional increments commiserate with petty/lesser/normal/greater or Grand Soul Gems based on what kind of trainer they were. How efficiently they were able to train you would interact somehwat with the attribute that governs the skill. That would slow it down even more.
Rondo_GE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 05:42 PM   #9
Rageheart
Emerald Dragon

i will never eat carrots again.........