Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Mercy or Justice?
Mercy 11 35.48%
Justice 20 64.52%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2002, 01:29 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Which has the greater importance, in your opinion?

If Mercy is met, Justice is not fulfilled.

If Justice is met, Mercy is not fulfilled.

[ 04-25-2002, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 04-27-2002, 03:51 AM   #2
lroyo

Most definately justice! Sometimes there is no room for mercy.
Old 04-27-2002, 10:13 AM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

As the Paladin I am, I think I'll say Justice. But mercy is also very important. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 10:30 AM   #4
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Mercy is good and nice, but sometimes Justice is what's required.
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 12:48 PM   #5
Sorcerer Alex

Mercy, because I'm a sympathetic soul.
Old 05-01-2002, 01:21 PM   #6
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Justice. Accept the consequences of your own actions... if they require me to hang myself I will do it.. if I know I did something wrong
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 08:26 PM   #7
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

mercy is for those weak of will and resolve. IMHO
Old 05-15-2002, 08:09 PM   #8
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Mercy and Justice need to be tempered evenly, forged with the fires of wisdom. Anyone who is a parent and understands some of the reasoning behind why children are not viewed as adults until the age of 18 or 21 depending on where you live and the severity of some crimes they may commit understands why justice must be tempered with mercy.
Societies that rely soley on their power groups form and interpretation of 'Justice' usually end up becoming totalitarian and or dictatorial.
The.Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 10:22 PM   #9
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

without justice, there would be anarchy. with anarchy, there is nothing good. justice all the way. if you murder, rape, torture, you die. if you steal, you get your good thumb cut off. plain and simple. im not a man of religion, but alot of people are. (DUH) in fact, alot of people who do crimes, say that they are religious. well, if in fact they are religious, then they would understand "gods words" when he "said" eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. simply put, you do wrong, you answer in kind. that is how it should be. im sure if you cut off a few thumbs, and lop off a few heads, people would stop their crimes. not completely of course, but it would be a difference. of course, liberals wont let that happen, so i will keep dreaming, (yay democrats!)
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2002, 07:08 AM   #10
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by The.Relic:
Mercy and Justice need to be tempered evenly, forged with the fires of wisdom. Anyone who is a parent and understands some of the reasoning behind why children are not viewed as adults until the age of 18 or 21 depending on where you live and the severity of some crimes they may commit understands why justice must be tempered with mercy.
Societies that rely soley on their power groups form and interpretation of 'Justice' usually end up becoming totalitarian and or dictatorial.
[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Justice without mercy is as bad as mercy without justice.