Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2003, 11:03 PM   #1
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I was wondering if anyone here knows when they're going to air the english dubed in version of Dragon Ball GT? I've been watching the same re-runs of Raditz up to Buu for the last... 4 years? [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] So I was just wondering when the do-date for it is.

P.S.- Hey DK, did you get my PM?
Old 04-14-2003, 11:11 PM   #2
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

You can buy it at the Movie Store I just don't remember the name of the store my son has the whole colection including DB-GT. GT came in a 12 tape set for $125.00 U.S. money
anyway he said that it would probably be on T.V. in the Fall or winter of 2003-4.in an edited version he says they edit all of them for T.V that's why he buys the Tapes they are unedited.

[ 04-14-2003, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 04-14-2003, 11:29 PM   #3
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

yeah,I'm pretty sure cartoon networks been planning on bringing them within about a year. Although i wouldn't get to excited cause supposedly gt is awful.
Old 04-14-2003, 11:31 PM   #4
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Angelousss:
yeah,I'm pretty sure cartoon networks been planning on bringing them within about a year. Although i wouldn't get to excited cause supposedly gt is awful.
Actually it's pretty good. I've only watched the japenese versions with english captions, so I was wondering when they were going to come out with english ones
Old 04-14-2003, 11:33 PM   #5
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:
You can buy it at the Movie Store I just don't remember the name of the store my son has the whole colection including DB-GT. GT came in a 12 tape set for $125.00 U.S. money
Wh...at? That much money for the episodes? Ech, a bit harsh on the wallet there, I think I'll wait for the episodes, but thanks anyway Crimsom.

Too bad money doesn't grow on trees [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2003, 12:05 AM   #6
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

GT Will be on TV when there is a large enogh a demand for it, GT isn't under the same liscence as DBZ and DB, it wasn't created by Akira Toryama, but rather it was like a big fan-work by Bird Studio. When it does air, and I know it hasn't been dubbed yet, they'll probably want to replace all the background music like they did with DBZ (ruining it imho) and of course they'll have young Gohan probably do Goku and Bulma will be Pan or something, I dunnow, Funimation really likes to cut corners, Frankly if I was you i'd just give up while I'm ahead, face it, after Z that was when it was SUPPOSED TO END, GT is really just a "What if" Scenario which Akira Toryama would rather spend his days making fun of and ignoring rather than creating, himself. He's moved on to make some great manga which you should really check out, like Sand Land, and some Romance stories which are quite well done. All-in-all he's a great artist, and though DBZ may be one of his life-long acheivments, don't dwell on it, it's been over for years now, it's a thing of the past, I'd say let go and if you want to watch GT just wait for it to come around, Funi says they're not going to touch it until they finish doing the "Blue Gender" series from the creator of Gasaraki, now Blue Gender is WAAAY cool. I love how it introduces a huge lovable cast and then kills them off one by one like a horror movie [img]tongue.gif[/img] You don't see that happen sually in a TV series that expects to last over a season heh... Anyway, They seem to never run out of people to kill off, including the main characters, So if you want to see something cool I recomend you check it out. Anyway, that's about all I have to say on that matter [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2003, 01:52 AM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

yeah, I saw DGT in japanese version. didn't like it though.
Old 04-15-2003, 03:00 AM   #8
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

I have seen half the GT episodes in Japanese with subs, strangely only the last half...
Have you ever seen Berserk? Damn thats a good Anime!
Old 04-15-2003, 06:20 AM   #9
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Dagorion:
I have seen half the GT episodes in Japanese with subs, strangely only the last half...
Have you ever seen Berserk? Damn thats a good Anime!
Do you have the GT episodes on DVD/VHS? Where did you see them?
Old 04-15-2003, 07:39 AM   #10
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

The only real thing I didn't like about GT is that they just warped the whole series back to dragonball. Goku's a kid again and they spend half the series (quite literally) hunting for the dragonballs from planet to planet which was boring. But know I know the reason since DK mentioned it, why GT was so much, so much... so much shorter than DBZ was, it was made by somebody else. But I heard they have another series coming out after that called AF (After Finaly I think), supposed to be good, they're including new SSJ levels from 4 to 8.