Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-27-2003, 02:51 PM   #1
Arvon
Unicorn

Moral Maze

Q1: If you knew a woman who was pregnant, who had 8 kids already, three who were deaf, two who were blind, one mentally retarded, and she had syphilis; would you recommend that she have an abortion?

Read the next question before scrolling down to the answer of this one.

Q2: It is time to elect the world leader, and your vote counts. Here are the facts about the three leading candidates:

Candidate A: Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists. He's had two mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

Candidate B: He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whisky every evening.

Candidate C: He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and hasn't had any extramarital affairs.

Which of these candidates would be your choice?

Decide first, no peeking, then scroll down for the answer.

Candidate A is Franklin D. Roosevelt

Candidate B is Winston Churchill

Candidate C is Adolf Hitler

If you said yes to the abortion question...

...you just killed Beethoven.

[ 01-27-2003, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: Arvon ]

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 01-27-2003, 02:54 PM   #2
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Good Post and Touche' Arvon. But, I always pick a whiskey drinker over a vegetarian to lead the nation. I'm both - and I know that whiskey is the FAR more virtuous habit between the two.
Old 01-27-2003, 02:55 PM   #3
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

No, it would be her choice.
C, obviously.

EDIT: [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img] That totally screws my perceptions of today's society.

[ 01-27-2003, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: Horatio ]
Old 01-27-2003, 03:01 PM   #4
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Well, all that about Hitler is quite true, but you could also add that he had written a fanatical book and advocated extremely radical views, two things that the blindest German voter would have known in 1933.
Old 01-27-2003, 03:01 PM   #5
MagiK

For every Beethoven there are tens of thousands of children who live horribly painful, lives and are doomed to suffer for all of theirlife. Would the world be so bad had there never been a Beethoven?

[ 01-27-2003, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 01-27-2003, 03:15 PM   #6
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Along those lines, there are thousands of children living in foster care (if they're lucky) or orphanages or on the streets because their parent's didn't want them (I'm not saying all in foster care are there because of this, just that many are). Until there are no children waiting for someone to adopt them, by not allowing abortions, we just submit more children to that type of life. Not every child in foster care is abused and has esteem issues, but many of the ones I've worked with are. The answer, I think the best way to fight against abortions is to open your heart up and adopt a child.
There are other situations, such as rape, that also lead to a woman deciding if she wants an abortion or not, but I wonder how many would not even consider it if they knew for sure that their child would be adopted by a loving family.

Before anyone thinks that I don't understand what a woman who goes through an abortion feels, let me tell you I had one when I was in college, so I know of what I speak, and I also know that there is not now, nor will there ever be a blanket solution that will cover every situation, which is why I feel it's important that women be able to have a choice.
Old 01-27-2003, 03:48 PM   #7
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

definitely B, what wrong with whiskey and sleeping till noon? and a little opium in college never hurt anyone
Old 01-27-2003, 05:00 PM   #8
MagiK

Just a point of detail, I never said I was in favor of abortion or against it. I just asked a question [img]smile.gif[/img]