Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2001, 07:40 AM   #1
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Tee hee. In the morning, I re-write stories and articles for a web site. Three weeks ago, it was taking me around two and a half hours to rewrite eight or nine stories. Now, I'm churning them out in just over an hour. (Thus giving me time to spend, ostensibly, on other work.... ).

Is this a forum phenomenon? Has anyone else started doing their existing work a lot faster cos they spend so much time posting?? (The answer to that has to be yes, otherwise everyone would have got the sack by now, surely.... )

------------------

Most Ecstatic and Exotic Mistress of the Illuminati
Old 10-10-2001, 07:43 AM   #2
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Hey, ■■■■■-cat! Go check out 'to Silver Cheetah' thread! You'll need to download Media Player if you don't have it, and turn your speakers on!

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Old 10-10-2001, 07:47 AM   #3
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Hey, ■■■■■-cat! Go check out 'to Silver Cheetah' thread! You'll need to download Media Player if you don't have it, and turn your speakers on!

Hello gorgeous. Checked and responded already (am not called Cheetah for nothink, ya knows... )

Cheetah don't have no speakers. Is a cat.

------------------

Old 10-10-2001, 07:49 AM   #4
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:

Tee hee. In the morning, I re-write stories and articles for a web site. Three weeks ago, it was taking me around two and a half hours to rewrite eight or nine stories. Now, I'm churning them out in just over an hour. (Thus giving me time to spend, ostensibly, on other work.... ).

Is this a forum phenomenon? Has anyone else started doing their existing work a lot faster cos they spend so much time posting?? (The answer to that has to be yes, otherwise everyone would have got the sack by now, surely.... )

actually, i find that disregarding punctuation, spelling, capitalization, and grammer is the absolutely fastest way to type and post, how 'bout U?

------------------
Amanda's Dad

Official Pin-Up Girl Evaluator/Massager of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
To Err is Human To Forgive Divine, However Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy.

[This message has been edited by J.J. (edited 10-10-2001).]
Old 10-10-2001, 07:54 AM   #5
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by J.J.:
actually, i find that disregarding punctuation, spelling, capitalization, and grammer is the absolutely fastest way to type and post, how 'bout U?

Ah - you have been learning from 'our tracey' huh?!

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Old 10-10-2001, 07:56 AM   #6
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by J.J.:

It is, without a doubt, however, as I write for a living, it's not an option that is open to me!!

In addition, it's not an option for anyone who wants to communicate seriously. The loss of punctuation, spelling and grammer leads to unclear meaning, resulting in ambiguous communication.

For example, sometimes on the forum, I find myself unclear as to what someone has said, and thus as to what their position is, simply because they haven't bothered to use the language properly. In the case of non native English speakers, this is of course understandable! and I am in no way intending any criticism of them. Many non native English speakers on this board do an awesome job of getting their point across!

------------------

Old 10-11-2001, 01:57 AM   #7
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well, it has indeed improved my typing skillls and all, and sometimes I surprise myself on how I can type some words without even looking at the keyboard!!!

------------------

Mithril Cavalier of ALSB
You almost had me? You never had me! You never had your car! It is not about winning by a mile or by an inch, its about winning.
Old 10-11-2001, 01:59 AM   #8
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

imgoingtotaketraceyspolicyonefurtherandgetridofspa cestoowhocaresifthereadercantunderstanditsallabout savingtimeisntit?

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 10-11-2001, 02:45 AM   #9
Zbyszek

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:

Not really . Maybe I improve my typing, but the time I'm spending here is the time I do not do any work
Old 10-11-2001, 05:02 AM   #10
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
imgoingtotaketraceyspolicyonefurtherandgetridofspa cestoowhocaresifthereadercantunderstanditsallabout savingtimeisntit?

Um, for that to really work you need to make a few spelling mistakes as well Yorick, - I can still understand you!!

------------------