Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-01-2001, 02:48 PM   #1
bogart
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have noticed that my Character(Fighter) and Minsc have about 90% of the
kills in my party. Yet without my Priests (Jaheira,Viconia) healing me and Viconia scaring away half the baddies in the Graveyard I would have had a
much tougher time. How about the Thief (Jan, Yoshi) who saves your butt by finding traps. I have come to the conclusion that it is a Team effort.
Every Character has value if used correctly,and praising only the NPC's
who kill all the baddies and get all the statistical glory is not really fair. What is your thought on this?
Old 06-01-2001, 03:02 PM   #2
koz-ivan
Manshoon

the fighter types should have all the kills, it's their job.

you're right it's a team effort and there is a lot more than just "who killed the most stuff" when you judge how effective a char really is.

for example jan's great but i don't remeber him getting all that many kills, but he's picked almost every lock in the game.

Old 06-01-2001, 03:03 PM   #3
Legolas the Elven Archer

You are absolutely correct! Playing with a party means it will always come down to teamwork. So let's include things like NO of traps disarmed, Illusions dispelled, backstabbed, secret doors found, spells succesfully cast, people talked to, best looking colours for clothing, best eater, greatest sleeper, most annoying talker, ... , ... , etc. in the character record section and wait for half an hour each time it loads. Wonderful!

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 06-01-2001, 03:06 PM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Agree, the overall contribution to a party should be considered when determining the worth of an NPC/character. Some characters are designed to kill, while others are designed to wear-out your foe so the tanks of your party have an easier time (through arrows and spells). That's one reason to have a balance party.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 06-01-2001, 03:09 PM   #5
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Well,.uh,team effort,isnt that obvious?

DND has always been about working together. But as for the kills,well of course the fighter should,hes the one that protects the aprty and kills the monsters,simple as that. Just cause a Kill ratio is there dosent mean people have to go after it.
Old 06-01-2001, 04:26 PM   #6
Artemis
Dungeon Master

Tanks should be getting the big kill numbers, thieves are for finding/defusing traps and picking locks, clerics are for healing and occassionally 'freezing' the enemy (hold, command, etc.), and mages provide kill support and anti-mage spells to allow the tanks to wade in!