Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 02-03-2003, 07:33 PM   #1
Coats
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What's the best stronghold?
Coats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 07:38 PM   #2
rhapsody407
Manshoon

nalias keep is great, income, no duties, lots of exp for doing nothing.

i think the thieves guild is the best, because you get quite alot of income. I'm not sure what the deal is if you side with bodhi...but if you do, maybe you become the only theives guild in Athkatla...which would be cool.
rhapsody407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 09:09 PM   #3
Lord Demerol
Dungeon Master

Naaaah... the Planar Sphere beats 'em all!

It's the coolest one, with lots of different atmospheres to suit every taste. It has a "Picnic Area", (in the forest where the mushrooms used to live).
I want to plant those Dryad's acorns there, and see what happens...

And the crappiest stronghold?
The Druid Grove, no doubt. You don't even get a chest to put your stuff in. If you want to store something, you have to go to the Troll's cave... and I'm sure it stinks like hell. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Lord Demerol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 09:09 PM   #4
Mordamir
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think the best stronghold is the Planar Sphere...never been through the other srongholds but I DO believe this one is better.

Why? Cool-looking, good quests, many magic items you can get...

You donīt receive income, but I donīt think thatīs necessary. After all, you can get all the gold you need simply adventuring around...

Well thatīs my opinion anyway...

[ 02-03-2003, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: Mordamir ]
Old 02-03-2003, 10:17 PM   #5
SecretMaster
Apophis

Sigh, well, I knew WWIII would start this way.... Nah, just kiddin. But personally, there are lots of opinions and it depends what you like. If you like being a ruler and having to make wise decisions, take the keep. If you want to help people/ give advice, be a cleric. If you like seeking out evil, join the Radiant Heart as a paladin. Like having your own apprentices and creating items, be a wizard and get the Planar Sphere. Like having a whole sacred grove to yourself and becoming a Great Druid, be a druid. If you like putting on a spectacular performance, be a bard. Like thieving and giving men jobs that takes skill, play a thief.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 12:38 AM   #6
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by rhapsody407:
nalias keep is great, income, no duties, lots of exp for doing nothing.

i think the thieves guild is the best, because you get quite alot of income. I'm not sure what the deal is if you side with bodhi...but if you do, maybe you become the only theives guild in Athkatla...which would be cool.
Thieves cannot side with Bodhi. Without the Shadow thieves there is no active guild to 'take over', so you don't even get the option.
Old 02-04-2003, 12:45 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

You can take the Thief stronghold, then backstab them by siding with Bodhi.

QED.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 01:13 AM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Also, Multiclassed Thieves can go with Bodhi, although of course you should still get your Stronghold first. If you're Dual-classing, I think Bodhi will accept you as long as your other class [the class that is not Thief] is active when you talk to her.

I would place Nalia's Keep, the Planar Sphere, and the Thief Guild as the best strongholds, and the Radiant Heart, Druid Grove, and the Five Flagons to be the worst. (The 5 Flagons does have its merits: Interesting and certainly unique quests, but you don't get any good items out of it, it requires a decent investment of gold, and it takes so long that by the time you START getting some of your money back, you've finished the game and it's time to move on to ToB. I'd like it a lot more if the delay between quests was something like 3 days, instead of a whole week.)
Old 02-04-2003, 03:01 AM   #9
Eternal
Manshoon

Rofl
how anybody could like that lame ass druid grove is beyond me....what a morronic place.
ihate the damn thing... who the hell wants to find his way thru miles of forrest area to hang out in their grove, where there really is nothing not even a chest... then go all the way back thru the forrest again and go back to amn.

i like the planar sphere like said good items and theres just something about owning your very own planar sphere.

the thieve hold is cool to.
dont know about nalias keep...i dont really like nalia.

but face it..... druids luck out
Old 02-04-2003, 03:56 AM   #10
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
(The 5 Flagons does have its merits: Interesting and certainly unique quests, but you don't get any good items out of it, it requires a decent investment of gold, and it takes so long that by the time you START getting some of your money back, you've finished the game and it's time to move on to ToB. I'd like it a lot more if the delay between quests was something like 3 days, instead of a whole week.)
Tell me about it... I wanted to finish the Bard stronghold before going to Spellhold, so I wanted to rest my way through the days inbetween. I believe this costed me about 45 days in total.