Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-07-2000, 02:34 PM   #1
Nazz

I'm not really stuck, but I am getting a little frustrated.

I don't know if this game should have come with a map, but I bought it on ebay, and all I got was a CD. The controls weren't too hard to figure out, but I'm having a hard time with the quests. Right now, I'm looking for Ishad N'ha, to deliver a letter, and Shurugeon Castle, because I think that's where I have to go for the samurai quest. All I can do, though, is wander around aimlessly until I find something. I don't even know which general direction I should be traveling.

I got to the toad village this way, but I really am stuck there. There's this toad in one of the hallways who won't move, so I can't get past him to find the shaman.

Old 10-07-2000, 05:33 PM   #2
Moesha

There is no map in the standard version of the game. The Collector's Edition comes with a stylied map of the entire world but nothing really detailed. You do have an automap feature i nthe game that can help you a little bit. Also, there should be an online manual that will help.

Old 10-07-2000, 06:35 PM   #3
BlackFiend

Are you sure about that? I didn't buy a CE. I just pre-ordered W&W from Activision, and I didn't see a CE version there.

Anyway, my box has a color map in it and it's actually very good looking. I would think it's gotta be a pain in the ass getting around without one.

As for the Toad in the way, I think that's a big bug. You can move him initially, but if he gets into one particular spot, he's stuck permanently. I had to reload the game twice because of that. If you saved after he was stuck you might bet SOL.

Old 10-07-2000, 07:23 PM   #4
Nazz

I guess I'll just hope that the game world isn't very big (and that someone puts some maps on a website soon).

As for that toad..I guess the other toads were pissed at him for being in the way all the time, too. No one seemed to care when I killed him.

Old 10-07-2000, 11:36 PM   #5
JaredC

I just bought the standard version of the game and I also got a little colored map. I agree it looks nice, but don't sweat it if you didn't get one. I think I glanced at it once while the game was installing and haven't picked it up since. The world can be very large and confusing sometimes, but I've found everything allright, and its a little more exciting nto knowing where you're headed.

Happy Adventuring!

Jared

Old 10-08-2000, 12:02 AM   #6
BlackFiend

Well, considering NPCs told me the Toad Village was "far to the east" and that the Stout Mines were "far north", I'm glad I have a map.