Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-21-2003, 04:17 AM   #11
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hello all!

My luck is not with me... a week chock-full of sport... and just as i am recovering from the excruciating pains of stiffness... I play basketball without a shirt on and cannot lie on my back... I have a pink tan-line just half-way down my chest because I have been bending over...

(don't worry... I'm a guy so u didn't miss anything)
[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!
Old 01-21-2003, 09:52 AM   #12
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Morning, all. Thanks for the Scotch, DK, it was greatly appreciated. Just put it on my tab. Good morning, everybody.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:53 AM   #13
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Mornin all [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] Attalus you actually drank that scotch and liked it, ewwww did you read what he did to it he didnt warm the water but strangly it was warm :barf: hehehe ewwwwwwww
Old 01-21-2003, 11:30 AM   #14
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sorry guys, but I feel I must comment on this:

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Edit: Horatio, isn´t that particular book called The Very Hungry Catipillar? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
My statement was promoting the quality of a book called The Hungry Hungry Catipillar. It was a serious argument, and yet all you have done is brushed it aside with a quick quip. I feel I must step in to defend the author (their name escapes me). This book has exactly what a good book needs:

1) A character with depth- the catippilar will always go for certain food. This shows the character's preference to certain foods than to others, as well as his independence in the fact that he will not accept food from some characters. Maybe he was scarred at a young age and now strives to prove himself?

2) A easy-to-understand storyline- He wants food, he goes out to get it. This catipillar knows what he wants, and knows how to get it. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who had tears come into they're eyes as I admired the bravery

3) Twists in the plot- Who knew what kind of food would come next? I had to read all the way to the end just to quench my desire for knowledge.

4) A satifying end- The catipillar turns into a butterfly. What can be more beutiful or uplifting?

As you can see, a great novel, and maybe one that we can all learn from. If humanity as a whole strives and works together, maybe we'll all reach our goals someday?

Oh, and as for the name: It is possible that due to European-American translation, the name was changed? If this is not the case, I apoligise; obviously my knowledge of literature for the under 5 age group is not as well toned as yours, Willow [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2003, 11:43 AM   #15
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LOL! Hello everyone! Work is busy, again! I won't be in much more than a few minutes here and there for a few weeks during the day.

Callum, that sounds painful! Put some aloe vera gel on it, it will help make it feel cooler!

Horatio- So does this caterpillar have a name? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2003, 11:45 AM   #16
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Horatio- So does this caterpillar have a name? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Of course not. That'd totally destroy the mysterious atmosphere surrounding him, wouldn't it?
Old 01-21-2003, 12:30 PM   #17
WillowIX
Apophis

OK Horatio The Very Hungry Catipillar by Eric Carle is standing in the children´s books shelf for Jackie to read. As do The Grouchy Ladybug and The Mixed-up chameleon. [img]tongue.gif[/img] And no, I doubt that I have read them, unless I´ve read them out loud for Jackie when she was a tad younger. They´re not her favourites though. Her current fav is Winnie the Pooh by A.A. Milne (of course. )
Old 01-21-2003, 12:51 PM   #18
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Elif Godson:
Mornin all [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] Attalus you actually drank that scotch and liked it, ewwww did you read what he did to it...
Someones Obviously never had Sake [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2003, 01:15 PM   #19
Elif Godson
Dracolich

I have had my fair share of Saki thank you very much. I have even been lectured on it's health bebfits by my friend's Father, granted he said this while drooling on himself Now just read your original post but read it with a different view point, something more like mine and then you may, just may see it how I saw it but then again......
Old 01-21-2003, 01:32 PM   #20
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
Of course not. That'd totally destroy the mysterious atmosphere surrounding him, wouldn't it?
Hmm, I see...so it's the Mysterious Hungry Caterpillar, then? My you read some...err... eclectic titles (you too, Willow! LOLOLOL) [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]