Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2002, 08:42 AM   #11
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Tony David is a haemophiliac ? Is haemophillia a part of Australia then? [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-12-2002: Message edited by: Lanesra ]

Old 01-12-2002, 10:37 AM   #12
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I seem to remember Donut crowing that the top 4 darts players in the world were British (possibly he even said English). So which of those 4 pillars of the darts aristocracy failed? And ooooohhhh, the unthinkable could happen - that humble pie really dried out in the hot sun today LOL.
Old 01-12-2002, 06:46 PM   #13
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Congratulations to Greg Rusedski

What's Darts? [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2002, 08:14 PM   #14
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
I seem to remember Donut crowing that the top 4 darts players in the world were British (possibly he even said English). So which of those 4 pillars of the darts aristocracy failed? And ooooohhhh, the unthinkable could happen - that humble pie really dried out in the hot sun today LOL.

It's a bit like boxing really all the crap players couldn't win so they started their own federation,next thing you know you've got all sorts in the semis. They wouldn't live with the big boys
Old 01-12-2002, 08:17 PM   #15
Durwyn
Elminster

Hmmm, Dart Playing? Sound very intriguing, I are to try it sometime. I mean I'm quite European myself yet I live most of the time in USA, but Dart Playing, never heard of that. Is it an Asutralian-only sport?
Old 01-12-2002, 08:44 PM   #16
sylent
Emerald Dragon

From the sounds of it, dart-throwing is the pride of England...
Though I have never seen it played professionally. Most games seem to have a world championship of some sort, but like most things, Australia only hears about it if they are winning or hosting the event (ie. the soccer)
Old 01-13-2002, 04:41 AM   #17
Davros
Takhisis Follower

And the latest news is :

Australia's Tony David called on the memories of his painful childhood to push him into the final of the world darts championship.

The disability pensioner who has suffered haemophilia all his life continued his remarkable adventure when he won through to Monday's final with a dramatic victory over England's Martin Adams.

David raced to a 4-1 lead in the best of nine sets semi-final, but the English captain and World Cup singles champion fought back to lock the scores before the 34-year-old from Townsville hung on to win the final leg of the final set to win 5-4.

With the match in the balance in the last set, David used the same mental strength which helped him survive a childhood spent in hospitals and beat doctors' predictions that he wouldn't live to age 20.

He meets another Englishman, Mervyn King, in the final at the Lakeside Country Club in Frimley Green just outside London for the STG48,000 ($A137,655) prize - almost 10 years worth of his pension.

Ranked 18 in the world, needing injections every couple of days and with one leg four centimetres shorter than the other, David has beaten the third seed, sixth seed and now No.2 in successive matches to reach the final.

No Australian had ever reached the semis before and David could become only the second non-European and third non-Briton to take the game's most prestigious title.

"The Aussies have beaten us in everything, but at least darts was one sport we thought would be safe," said tournament press officer, Englishman Robert Holmes.

Mwahaha - Donut thought the same thing as this Mr Robert Holmes. Hiding places are getting scarce my friend. Oooh, the irony, Ooooh the ecstasy - OOOOooooohhhhhh YEeeeeeeessssss!!!!!
Old 01-13-2002, 07:07 AM   #18
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Aussie have just lost their 2nd game of ODI cricket in a row, to South Africa this time... is this the begining of the end for them? hehe

[ 01-13-2002: Message edited by: Downunda ]

Old 01-13-2002, 03:38 PM   #19
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Oh dear...
We\'ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.\"<br />Robert Wilensky <br /><br />\"Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?\" <br />Screaming Lord Sutch<br /><br />If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?
Old 01-13-2002, 04:47 PM   #20
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Well i'll be f****d he's only won it ,mind you he had the cheek to throw the last one underarm. [img]smile.gif[/img] Any cricket scores in?

[ 01-13-2002: Message edited by: Lanesra ]