Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 11-23-2004, 10:34 AM   #1
Taski
The Magister

Are there any news with regards to DUNGEON LORDS ? I pro-ordered this game months ago. Is there an official release date ?

[ 11-23-2004, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: Taski ]
Old 11-23-2004, 11:26 AM   #2
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Short answer: No.

I preordered it back in early September, too. Amazon US is now giving release date as 15th March 2005.

I've seen other dates as well, but basically Q1 2005. D.W. apparently decided to do the Right Thing and fix problems rather than just release the thing ...
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 01:46 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I haven't seen any release date announced either other than the date listed at Amazon - so who knows.

I was talking to Scorpia the other evening and she mentioned having read that DL was going to be a 1 character game not a "party" game - anyone know if that's the case?? I do prefer having a party.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 05:00 AM   #4
Black Hand
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Wyvern:
I was talking to Scorpia the other evening and she mentioned having read that DL was going to be a 1 character game not a "party" game - anyone know if that's the case?? I do prefer having a party.
Yes this is true. And judging from the gameplay movies, it's third person, realtime and quite action oriented. That kinda dissapointed me too. I mean, this doesn't mean the game is bad up front, but it definitely does mean that Dungeon Lords wont't be "Wizardry-Style".
Black Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 07:26 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks for the reply, Black Hand!

and awwwwww I really do prefer a party and first person view. Hope DL does manage to be a good game. It has been a long time since I played a game I really enjoyed.

Wyv
Old 11-24-2004, 08:25 AM   #6
Black Hand
Elite Waterdeep Guard

On the other hand, I really look forward to the Co-Op multiplayer option of DL. Back in the days I used to play Wizardry 7 together with a pal on one PC (3 chars for each one, go figure ). Granted, a multiplayer CRPG is nothing new nowadays, but since DL is a D.W. Bradley game, I expect it to have quite a bit of game-depth, which other games of this type usually lack.
Black Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 10:50 AM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I'm going to give it a try when it does finally get released. I'm hoping that Bradley has maintained many of the qualities that made W&Ws such a good game.

I've played Dungeon Siege over the lan with my husband and that was fun so that may be an option here but I'll have to check the game out first.

Wyv
Old 11-24-2004, 01:44 PM   #8
jsalsb
Elminster

From the gameplay movies, it looks like there are multiple party members at some points at least. Are these co-op multiplayers or recruited npc's - or both? Looks interesting in any event. As long as someone's there exploring and fighting along side me, I won't feel so lonely!