Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2004, 10:23 AM   #11
jsalsb
Elminster

... I assume we are both talking about BLOODbeard here... right?

[ 11-26-2004, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: jsalsb ]
Old 11-28-2004, 06:34 AM   #12
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

yeah... are you allowed to kill him without doing anything to the game?

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 09:51 AM   #13
jsalsb
Elminster

wait till all who qualify have gotten the Bloodbeard quest first. Then do the deed.
Old 11-28-2004, 02:43 PM   #14
dragon2005
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by bsftcs:
(Unless you cheat a bit and tree surf there).
how can i tree surf?
does i lose importent items like this?
dragon2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 03:56 PM   #15
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

I'm not a fan of tree surfing, but it does have some strong adherents.

Basically, climb up a town gate (run forward while looking up & jump) and then hop along the tops of the trees using the same combination of run / look up / jump until you get so bored & frustrated that you just kill yourself.

Have fun! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 02:39 AM   #16
dragon2005
The Magister

i dont like to cheat .
is this nessery for a quest?
Old 11-29-2004, 08:53 AM   #17
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by dragon2005:
i dont like to cheat .
is this nessery for a quest?
There isn't any quest that "requires" you to cheat - of course we also have to know how you define "cheat".

There are some (cough) undocumented features in the unpatched game which some consider cheating and some see as just making excellent use of the game's capabilities.

There are quests (such as the treant seed quest from the Magic Shoppe in Brimloch Roon) which are more difficult to fulfill given fairly normal game play. Most of the Treants are to be found in the Lost Sea area rather than in the Enchanted Sea area. You can simply wait until such a time as you manage to make it into the Lost Sea area to fulfill this quest or you can try spending a lot of time around Talrik hoping for the very rare appearance of Bark Horrors in that area (VERY rare) or you can kill Oakenmir (no!!!) or you can try Vanish or treesurfing to get to the Lost Sea earlier than possible following more normal game play. You don't HAVE to treesurf - it was just a fun work around that some player discovered.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 09:08 AM   #18
dragon2005
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Wyvern:

there are some (cough) undocumented features in the unpatched game which some consider cheating and some see as just making excellent use of the game's capabilities.
it is just a nice way to say:
"well the game is good and all, but i like it better when it esay and i don't need to think how to go throug all of the mazes"

well with that attitude i am wondering why people continey to play fair(there should have been a smaely here, but i dont know how to put one).
Old 11-29-2004, 10:17 AM   #19
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

It's all a matter of perspective, really [img]smile.gif[/img]

For example, the game has the trait of fletchery built in. Once you have it, you can create arrows all the time.

If those arrows happen to be highly enchanted dragon arrows, your money problems are over.

I know at least one board member (Radek?) consider that to be a bug, and not part of fair gameplay. Others consider it to be an advantage in the game to be used to its fullest. Whether it's a cheat or not depends on your point of view.

For example, I consider tree-surfing to complete the second wizards' guild quest in Brimloch Roon to be fair, and not a cheat. Why? Because I'm sure the designers didn't intend for the completion of one quest to prevent the completion of the following quest.

Tree surfing to bypass large areas of the game? Not fair, and a cheat. Unless you're trying to play a boutique game (like shortest completion time or something), that is. I don't think it belongs in regular gameplay.

I do have my own weakness, which is arbitrage. That's the business word for recognizing that something bought in one place can be more valuable in another place, and by transporting the item from the first place to the second, you can make money.

Perhaps the game designers didn't intend for the two places to be the guild shop at the warriors' guild or bushi dojo and the front counters of those respective buildings, but what am I to do if I can buy a willow arrow +1 for 500GP and sell it in front for 750GP?

Guess I'm just too much of a capitalist...

As for putting smilies in, you can quote my post to see several examples. Basically, every smiley has a text equivalent. For example, this: is composed of two characters -- : and D, put together with spaces on either side. Just put the text equivalent in your post, and the smilies will appear magically

There is a limit of eight smilies per post, which I'm probably dangerously close to, but other than that, have fun!

Oh, and there's a list of the known smilies on the top of the page. Click on the Graphics Library link, and it will take you to them.

Now, go out and have fun [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 02:06 PM   #20
bsftcs
Red Dragon

You do not like cheating!?!

I love cheating. To me cheating is a way of living. But then again, I am a lawyer.