Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-05-2001, 06:27 PM   #11
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

my point is: you are not so much smarter than anyone else!
I am not, you are not, Yorick is not, Cloudbringer is not, Memnoch is not ...

the things that count are your discipline, mental stength, and desire to acheive something (and faith and curiousity, in Yorick's)

that is what make those people so wonderful
Old 09-05-2001, 06:29 PM   #12
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
no shit, I will not end up working for someone

and it is "we cannot do this" & "we cannot do that" makes you less than satisfied in your life.

the best salesman talks about "how to sell what others cannot sell"

the best investor talks about "how to predict something others cannot predict"

the best scientist talks about "how to find a solution to problems that others think no solutions"

the best revolutionist talks about "how to change a society and people's well being when most people are suffering, and it seems to have no hope"

the best lawyer talks about "winning a case that is impossible to win"

the best you can do is to stop thinking about what you cannot do

the least you can do is start looking for ways to acheieve financial independence
but have YOU done any of that? didnt think so. also, considering my age, there is plenty of time left for me to do that, and also you must consider the fact that those people were smart as well. and as i said, we have limits to what we can do. physical limits, mental limits, it changes with the person due to the genetic structure. i acknowledge that i can and cannot do different things, but i tend to find ways that i can do most everything by doing what im good at.

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Old 09-05-2001, 06:30 PM   #13
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by debiler:
I know exactly what you mean, and I understand your point. The problem is that not everyone realizes it. Being smart and intelligent is of importance in life and can make you happy, but itīs not everything that counts because it can make you ignorant, too.

that is exactly what I am trying to tell here
Old 09-05-2001, 06:33 PM   #14
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Wow, I cant remember seeing so many contradictions in one post.

Not all of these traits relate straight across with eachother.

You can have more then your share of any or all of these traits or you could have less then your share of any/all of these traits. You can be in either boat and still have confidence in yourself. In one case the confidence would be unfounded in the other it would.

There is really no point in making this post though, because like you said, those that are lacking, make up for it by telling themselves that they are better in other areas to make themselves feel better about themselves. If they are in denial of their idiocy as you suggest, they would assume that this post wasn't directed at them anyways because they don't have any problems to their way of thinking.

On the other hand, you could be posting this to make yourself feel better for being smart enough to realise this "epic" concept. For some reason you felt the need to point out to all the inadequate "idiots" out there exactly how inadequate they are.

Good for you for being smart enough and intellectually secure enough to be able to point this out to idiots like me. I feel put in my place and you have my thanks for it.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB

[This message has been edited by MILAMBER (edited 09-05-2001).]
Old 09-05-2001, 06:39 PM   #15
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

dont you see the trap here, Moridine? getting up, and work for pay checks? don't you think you missed something here?

those "smart" people who work are professional, but they are far away from live an intelligent life. at least, they don't have financial independence.

think about it, you become a doctor, and go to work everyday, make 500,000 $ per year, then your expanses get bigger, and you married, have some children. then you want a new car, a big house, oh, someday you have to cover yoru kids' college expanses. and youa re paying those things with after-tax-dollar

is that so smart? the picture I just portrated is the most common life style in america. and guess what? fear drives millions of americans do exact what I said above. fear that one day to wake up with a huge amount of bill, fear that one day to find out they are in financial trouble. so they work even harder, and they end up paying more taxes

what do you say? those guys are PROFESSIONALS, but they are definatelly not living an intelligent life

that is just one example about what most "smart" people missed in their lives. and there are so much else

and about someone has craps in his life. I am just saying: you are always responsible for what happens to you. even it is an accident

my father was imprisoned last year, because some guy in the government wants his friend dead. so they arrested my father, forcing him to give false testimony. well, thank goodness that my father were very very socialized and very royal to his friends. he had many friends amoung higher level of government. so what happened was, his friends eventually got him out of the mess. think about it, had my father been an asswhole and only thought about making dirty money, who would help him when he is in trouble? and my father is definately not smart (at most, he is average), but I am still very proud of him, and thankful for his personal strength.

my post is unintelligent? is that a mark that you are being offended?
Old 09-05-2001, 06:42 PM   #16
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
but have YOU done any of that? didnt think so. also, considering my age, there is plenty of time left for me to do that, and also you must consider the fact that those people were smart as well. and as i said, we have limits to what we can do. physical limits, mental limits, it changes with the person due to the genetic structure. i acknowledge that i can and cannot do different things, but i tend to find ways that i can do most everything by doing what im good at.

I am well on my way to financial independent
If there was anything as "mental limit" to me, then it is my stuttering problem. and mind you, it had not hold me back in the least manner

your limits are only limits when you let them rule your life
Old 09-05-2001, 06:45 PM   #17
Absynthe

I see your points there 250, I too was kind of curious about the origins of some peoples stats, especially the intelligence stat. It does seem to be a bit lopsided as compared to the average of the population, but there may be some reasons for that.
Most of the people on this forum are fantasy gamers, a pastime which takes imagination, which is a trait developed from intelligence. Therefore it is credible that forum members are intelligent folks.
Most people tend to be proud of their best attributes, whether that be strength, intelligence, dexterity, etc. and will focus on that attribute, occasionally even exaggerating it...
The point you made is a valid one, though, in that no single thing will make a full life. The more you expand your various abilities, the more of life you can experience and enjoy.

Old 09-05-2001, 06:47 PM   #18
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

I think living an independent life is more important than financial independence. In fact, itīs all a problem within our societies that you cannot be really independent if you lack money. Itīs a very sad story.

------------------
Calvin the bold - the malt beer lord is in!
Old 09-05-2001, 06:52 PM   #19
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
dont you see the trap here, Moridine? getting up, and work for pay checks? don't you think you missed something here?

those "smart" people who work are professional, but they are far away from live an intelligent life. at least, they don't have financial independence.

think about it, you become a doctor, and go to work everyday, make 500,000 $ per year, then your expanses get bigger, and you married, have some children. then you want a new car, a big house, oh, someday you have to cover yoru kids' college expanses. and youa re paying those things with after-tax-dollar

is that so smart? the picture I just portrated is the most common life style in america. and guess what? fear drives millions of americans do exact what I said above. fear that one day to wake up with a huge amount of bill, fear that one day to find out they are in financial trouble. so they work even harder, and they end up paying more taxes

what do you say? those guys are PROFESSIONALS, but they are definatelly not living an intelligent life

that is just one example about what most "smart" people missed in their lives. and there are so much else

and about someone has craps in his life. I am just saying: you are always responsible for what happens to you. even it is an accident

my post is unintelligent? is that a mark that you are being offended?
First of all, I do not get offended that easy 250!

Second, I agree that a lot of people do get up to go to work, merely for the paycheck and to pay bills, but I can name numerous people that got up and went to work to make their lives better and to become billionaires. I don't get up early and go to work for the paycheck. I do it because I like my job, the harder I work the higher up the ladder I climb, the higher I climb the more money I make, the more money I make the better I can live my life, the better I can live my life, the better I can make other peoples lives, the better I can make other peoples live, the better society will be. Not all of us are stuck in the rut you think we are! It is a nice dream to have to not to have to work for anybody else...but how will you pay your bills? Where will you live while making your millions? Where will you eat?

Third, are you saying that you actually believe that some people aren't smarter than others? That is a pretty absurd comment to make...some people ARE smarter than others, and not by just a litte, by a hell of a lot!

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 09-05-2001, 06:54 PM   #20
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

well, to that point, one cannot live an independent life, if he has to put hope on Social Security checks after retirement

what most smart people missed is: when they work for pay check, they will never get enough. their intelligence is not doing the thinking here, they let their fear and sometimes, greed, to do the thinking.

that just shows how much "intelligence" can mean to smart people. the thing is, you are really not that smart as you thought.

of course, there is a genious live inside everyone of us. we just have to find him, but we cannot live a crappy life, and be satisfied that we are intelligent. when we one day find out the thing we counted on the most: intelligence, is not what we thought, then it might be already too late

better wake up now than never