Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2002, 02:50 AM   #1
dan33
Welcomed New User

im having a little trouble with the king strohm quest. i gathered all 5 pieces of the helmet, and when i click twice on the well, then it gives me the full helmet instead of some magic items. however, even when i put the helmet on, i cant open the door to the tomb......any ideas????
dan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 03:02 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Urm, that is not the tomb you are looking for, but to open the door, lockpick it or force it open.

The 'tomb' is located in the opposite direction. You will know you have found it when you fight the Fire Elemental guardian.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 03:08 AM   #3
dan33
Welcomed New User

i cant find a fire elemental guardian......every 3 seconds or so, a fire spell comes down and hits the ground, i think it might be a bug. i cant get the door open even with the helmet and lockpick.
dan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 03:12 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by dan33:
i cant find a fire elemental guardian......every 3 seconds or so, a fire spell comes down and hits the ground, i think it might be a bug. i cant get the door open even with the helmet and lockpick.

Spoiler
~
~
~
~
Wear the helmet to see the Fire Elemental guardian. Where do you think those fireballs are coming from? True Sight works here too.

PS: What is the skill-level of your Lockpick?
Old 02-27-2002, 03:15 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Wait, I just realised. You only found 5 pieces? There are more than 5. What is the name of the helmet you referring to? Dragon Helm is not the correct helmet by the way.
Old 02-27-2002, 03:15 AM   #6
PeeWee
Manshoon

Just a little spoiler,

I think there's more than five pieces but I can be wrong... the mask is used to see the elemental. It's invis'ed. Ya don't need the mask to kill it but it helps. The loot is atop the area. You are at the well and that part is just the regular dungeon. There is a cookbook from a troll that gives a hint as to what stuff can be found where( regular stuff). I spent a great deal of time myself looking for where to use the mask at but remembered I killed the elemental prematurely once. Still got the loot.

I recommend checking your logs(journal) routinely too. Because I got the mask after the killing of the elemental, it isn't stated as complete. I thought I still had more to do but found out I alrdy did it after a two good hours of messing around with that boring area.
Old 02-27-2002, 04:59 AM   #7
Faceman
Hathor

The mask is also a nice item for a mage, as (although not stated in item description) it protects against critical hits.
Old 02-27-2002, 05:28 AM   #8
PeeWee
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Faceman:
The mask is also a nice item for a mage, as (although not stated in item description) it protects against critical hits.

I never knew that....I had a feeling to just keep it on my bounty hunter and go figure. Do Ioun stones give the same protection from crit hits? I hate those things but will get one for Imo if it protects against crits too. I always preferred having helms over those stones when I can - dual classes who are helm wearers/mages like Aerie.

I could see it now, " Yes, I diverted that cleaver blow with the stone on my forehead, but there is this gaping hole left from the rock itself that I'm worried about."
Old 02-27-2002, 07:10 AM   #9
Whailor

Mask of King Strohm can be used by ANY class who generally cannot wear helmets, that's mages and thieves. As for stones, then pure mage cannot wear them (nevermind the fact that these stones were made by a mage, for a mage heh.. engine limitation), don't remember if a thief can wear these either. I recall having some ioun stones in the pack but Immy never was able to wear those.. Not that it was an issue, she had the mask on.
Old 02-27-2002, 07:28 AM   #10
Barlik Longbeard
Manshoon

The Ioun Stones do not protect you from critical hits. That is their disadvantage. But they look good on Mages, Sorcerors, Archers, Thieves... Any class that isnt meant to have a helmet. My archer looks like a dike with a helmet on because it clashes with his armour. [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]