Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-18-2001, 04:42 PM   #21
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

foolish humans... The BG game for ps2 doesn't look that great, but the assertion that consoles or the ps2 particularly can't host a good RPG is pretty dumb. One word: Xenogears.

I guess by Avatar's definition I'm not a TRUE D&D role player. Thank god.
Old 07-18-2001, 05:45 PM   #22
Tananda
Elminster

This game definately is not BG! Just using this title won't make it REAL BG-game. This is not the game we all love so much and I feel so sorry that BG-name will belong to that... ah, game.
Do not get me wrong - I have nothing against console games and this particular game until they do not use such a cheapy tactics for promoting - using world-known title for the game that does nothing with our beloved magnificent saga about children of Bhaal! Developers should be honest and make their own game without trying to use somebody else's success.
It is like profanation...

------------------
Tanda,
with best regards from Guild of Assassins
Old 07-19-2001, 12:34 AM   #23
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

Peeps... calm down.

This will not be BG for the PS2, we will never see BG style of classic RPG on a console

a) Format incompatibilty

b) Console psycology is differs from PC... you buy a console to play beat em ups, driving games, 3rd person shooters. Games like FF7-9 are an oddity, it's far more likely that they are using BG's popularity to launch a *thinks* caslevania 3D a like (I know Castlevania 3D doesn't exist but if it did this would be a copy).

I really don't this will effect the PC version that we know and love so it's better that we try to be happy for our poor unfortunate cousins on console have finally got a chance to witness the gaming perfection we get to experiance every day even if it only BG:light.
Old 07-19-2001, 03:26 AM   #24
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

i cannot believe that Black Isle allowed some second-rate game company to use the good Baldur's Gate name for that abomination of a DiabloII copy! sure, the story may somehow relate to BG, but the gameplay is related to D2, and the gameplay will keep a gamer interested. if i hear one of my friends who owns a Ps2 and talking about how great Baldur's Gate is and i know he hasnt played the PC version, im either gonna scold him, yell at him loudly, or hit him, whatever i deem necessary. they wont know that Baldur's Gate is, merely that mongrel half-breed of a defilement!

------------------
Proud member of the HADB. And remember, when you're thinking of giant heads, why not think of the Big Giant Head?
Old 07-19-2001, 05:08 AM   #25
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Actually you'd remember that the name Baldur's Gate was'nt Black Isle's to begin with. Neither is the name Bhaal, or Amn, or the Forgotten Realms, or any other AD&D name before BG1.
Besides, let the kiddies have their games. It wouldn't do too well on a PC platform anyway. The PC and PSX really should'nt be compared, because they are two different mediums altogether. Besides, the PSX has had some of my most favourite games of all time (FF7&8) so I wouldn't brush it off just like that.

Why should it be your business? Nobody is gonna mistake Dark Alliance for Baldur's Gate 1. If you're listening to the mutterings of children and take them seriously, then it speaks something of your character. Any serious gamers will know the two games for what they are, child or not. BG issint even a massively popular multiplayer game so there's no fear of them flooding the scene with newbies like Counterstrike. Black Isle won't take flak from how the game does, because they didnt make it, and I dont think they OWN the copyright to "Baldur's Gate" as a name as to be able to sell it. Game reviewers won't bash Black Isle for a downward turn. Besides, the BG trilogy is finished, so how will this affect possible future sales? It won't because there won't be any future sales, no more BG games for the PC, other than bundles and BG1+TOTSC+BG2+TOB packages..
So why fret? You dont own the industry..
------------------
Why?

[This message has been edited by Lifetime (edited 07-19-2001).]