Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-04-2001, 09:03 PM   #1
Skip-san

I want to know why there wasn't a quest to get her wings back?!

Old 01-05-2001, 01:28 AM   #2
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

She would have flown the coup.

Maybe for graphics simplicity. Adding up/down would've been a pain.
Anyway, the point was we have to live with problematic scenarios in real life. Not everything can be restored when we lose it. I thought it was a sad but helful story.

Man I'd love to fly myself though. If I could alter one thing about my physical reality it would probably be giving myself the inherant ability to fly.

Does anyone remember a song by Seal called 'Crazy' that said in the bridge:
"In a world full of people only some want to fly isn't that crazy."
Old 01-05-2001, 01:29 AM   #3
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Here we go! Sorry, I meant sad but HELPFUL story.
Old 01-05-2001, 01:35 AM   #4
Nyteshade

How is losing your wings helpful?

- Nyte

Old 01-05-2001, 01:46 AM   #5
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Dealing with the loss of a vital part of your life and finding reason to continue existence in the face of extreme depression was for me very helpful. I'm not saying it pulled me from self destruction or anything, just that it was a nice story with a realistic outcome. About choosing to look at what you have rather than what you don't have.

I've heard someone say that our unhappiness stems from looking at either the past and what we no longer have, or looking at the future with worry and apprehension. By focussing more on the present, the here and now - enjoying that food you're eating, view you're seeing, or conversation you're having, rather than letting it remind you of times gone - you are more able to maintain a positive perspective.

I'm glad the designers included it, though I'd have loved to have given her, her wings. (I seem to be a 'rescuer' personality in real life relationships.)
Old 01-05-2001, 01:56 AM   #6
Nyteshade

OH

- Nyte