Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-25-2003, 05:16 PM   #11
armakh
Manshoon

Exclamation

I kinda thought that would be the case, but I figgered it was worth a shot. Thanks for your help man. I'm going into town tomorrow anyway, maybe I can convince my wife to get me one. Thanks for the help [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-25-2003, 05:20 PM   #12
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

I'd tade the game in for the zboz version and buy an xbox!All that would cost much less than upgrading your pc.And the xbox version is great!
Old 12-25-2003, 05:45 PM   #13
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Hey, no problem. I didn't really help, did I? [img]tongue.gif[/img] Sorry! Good luck and I hope you get it sorted!
Old 12-25-2003, 08:47 PM   #14
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Hold on a sec: 4 years ain't THAT old - I'm sure you must be able to have 32-bit colour unless it really is a cheap card. Did you try and get the newest drivers for it? Can't rememeber if you said what version of windows you're running but you should be able to go to start->settings->control panel->system->hardware panel->device manager . Find display adapters and click the little + sign. This should tell you what graphics card you have. Then either go onto the manufacturer's website to find drivers or search in google or run windows update to see if MS have any newer drivers. If you do find some and install them, reset computer and then try going into display properties again (right click on desktop and click properties)and seeing if you can go to settings->colours 32-bit true color.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 12-25-2003, 09:57 PM   #15
armakh
Manshoon

it's an Intel 810 chipset graphics driver v. 2.1-and I'm a bit lost. I got this far and I don't know what to make of it. Any more help would be appreciated. I'm running Windows 98. Here's what I've gotten to.

http://developer.intel.com/design/so...chived_810.htm

[ 12-25-2003, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: armakh ]
Old 12-25-2003, 10:14 PM   #16
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

On this page linked from the one you gave: http://developer.intel.com/design/so...atform/810.htm
there are drivers for download but it says they're mainly for developers. What I suggest you do is run windows update, start->windows update, let it scan and see if it finds a newer graphics driver for you. Look through the recommended downloads and optional ones too. If it doesn't find one then download the one from the above URL. Version 6.7 for Windows 98 etc. (the 2nd Version 6.7 link from the top). Install those drivers. Sounds like it's much newer than your version (v 2.1?)

Dunno if it's any different but you can also try the english version from here:
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scri...E&submit=Go%21

[ 12-25-2003, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Old 12-26-2003, 12:09 AM   #17
armakh
Manshoon

Exclamation

did it from that link, and it still will only let me go into 24-bit true color, not 16. So I guess I'll have to go get another video card. Thanks for the help, anyway [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-26-2003, 04:56 AM   #18
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Just hang on a sec. I think you may have an integrated video chipset i.e. it's built onto the motherboard, rather than being on a separate card. If that's the case, then before you go and buy a graphics card, you must find out whether you motherboard has a) an AGP slot or if not, b) whether you have a spare PCI slot to take a separate graphics card.

If you have kept any of the documentation that came with the PC, that would be a good place to start.

Hope this helps.

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 12-26-2003, 05:38 AM   #19
skywalker
Banned User

Though this will not get the game running, this link does have important info about which games will run with an 810 chipset:

http://support.intel.com/support/gra...ming/82810.htm

And info specific to Morrowind:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphic...990-prd798.htm

Sorry for the bad news.

Mark
Old 12-26-2003, 08:48 AM   #20
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Well there ya go. As I suspected from the beginning, you'll need a better graphics card, but do as mouse says and CHECK that you'll actually be able to install it before buying one! You want an AGP one if you can get one for better performance so check that you have an AGP slot, and failing that, a spare PCI slot (which you should have).