Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-21-2001, 04:33 PM   #1
Wurm
Drizzt Do'Urden

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!
No really stay away if you aren't using shadow keeper or not past asylum yet!!
Ok I screwed up bad and want to make sure nothing like this happens to someone else. After losing everything to my HDD head crash I went and downloaded Shadowkeeper to tweak my characters to go through the parts of the game that I had finished faster and without having troubles...Worked great except.......

I gave everyone including Yoshi saving throws of 1 for everything. And then he switched sides Now after kicking everyones @ss I am left with a indestuctable Yoshi to fight....So now I have to go back to the saved game before he switches sides and make him killable AARRRGGGHHH!!!! So if you use Shadowkeeper or some other program make sure you change him back to normal.

Im not really mad, in a way its pretty damn funny
Old 10-21-2001, 04:39 PM   #2
Lucre
Elminster

Hehe, serves ya right!

------------------
" I prefer the term 'Fingersmith'."

-Lucre Pickpocket Extraodinair
Old 10-21-2001, 05:23 PM   #3
Grojlach
Zartan

Thanks man, you just made day.
Edit: by the way, what do you mean you just "spoiled two and a half hours of gameplay"? Didn't you have an autosave to fall back on?

------------------
Not a member of any clan and is cool with that.
Talk about anything you want at The Elysium..
For online roleplaying, check The Elysium Gaming Project.

[This message has been edited by Grojlach (edited 10-21-2001).]
Old 10-21-2001, 06:15 PM   #4
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Probably he does, but they will not help because Yoshi left before they were created.

JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves
Old 10-21-2001, 06:20 PM   #5
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by JR Jansen:
Probably he does, but they will not help because Yoshi left before they were created.

JR

...Dang. You're right. *shames*

Oh, and how about the good old CTRL-Y trick? You were cheating already, so you should have no problems with killing Yoshimo by cheating...
------------------
Not a member of any clan and is cool with that.
Talk about anything you want at The Elysium..
For online roleplaying, check The Elysium Gaming Project.

[This message has been edited by Grojlach (edited 10-21-2001).]
Old 10-21-2001, 06:25 PM   #6
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

U think thats bad. I started the game again and made sure I did every quest I could before going to asylum but the game was messed up. I kept on getting quests starting again and others dissapearing. That dead girl apeared again in the graveyard district then the knight dissapered. I also didn't have any dreams. I was a lvl 15 Cleric of lathanda too. I had gotten Keldorn fully fitted up with all the best stuff and him and my other character were all high lvls. Now I don't know what to play as now I've started again.

Warby
Old 10-21-2001, 06:30 PM   #7
Wurm
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by JR Jansen:

JR

Bingo!! A lot of stuff happens between Yoshi betraying you and intill you run into him again. *shrugs* Not a big deal I love this game so much I don't mind playing almost a whole chapter through again Besides I can always go do some D2 Hack and slash to get out my ire .

Old 10-22-2001, 10:22 AM   #8
Skunk
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Wurm:
...I gave everyone including Yoshi saving throws of 1 for everything. And then he switched sides Now after kicking everyones @ss I am left with a indestuctable Yoshi to fight....
Well, you would have found that, once you level up again, your saving throws would be restored back to what they should have been anyway! Why? Because the correct saving throws, per class, per level are scripted and re-introduced at each level up...

If you wanted to introduce permanent saving throws, then there are 7 *.2da files that you'd need to introduce to your over-ride directory (depending on which classes your charactor is). Of course, doing this would alter the saving throws of your opponents too!...

If you want those files so that you can edit the changes yourself, let me know and I'll mail them to you. Use at your own risk of course...

Old 10-22-2001, 10:40 AM   #9
Wurm
Drizzt Do'Urden

Thanks for the offer Skunk but I always save after someone levels up and then go change it back but now that I am back to where I was in the game when my puter crapped out on me I won't have too anymore

I just have to start over from my pre shipride save and try again