Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 04-07-2002, 11:29 AM   #1
Freddie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok.. I went to the tree, killed everything but now I am trying to go to Martens bluff.. went east.. I either run into 3 Frightmares that kick the crap out of me, or two sorceress and an elemental that kill me, or 5 faeries and 3 bull picus every direction I go... I travelled east through the swamp. My elemental I cast is a wimp, my stave of silence wand wont work on the sorceress and I lost like 3 in my party trying to kill the bull picus..
Freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 01:40 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

The swamp is an important junction, with exits to several places, not all of them safe for a low-level party. Sounds like you were in the SE wilderness, an area you aren't ready for yet.

The best way to Marten's Bluff is to go through the mines. The exit to the mines is up in the northeast of the swamp.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 02:29 PM   #3
Dungeon Master

Nightowl sounds right. Your party needs some levels. Camping along the Trenton road will get you lots of experience and levels. Also, I think
you went to the northern part of the swamp (you mentioned
frightmares, which are in the north of the
swamp.) And when you get to Martens Bluff, you'll find some sweeties called hellcrocs. All in the
300 point range. 3 or 4 at a time. My party is in the 20's level, so the Swamp is no big thing. If
your party is below about 15, you are going to hurt when you try the swamp.
45464748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 03:42 PM   #4
Lawdog1
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have played in the Swamp at level 11-14 and done just fine. I found that most battles in the swamp can be won with the insanity/hypnotic lure combo. Most of your battles will be againt ants, crocodiles, millepedes, and wasps/mosquitoes. Thise combo will disable most of them while you pick them off a few at a time. Also, x-ray is tremendously helpful in the swamp (you can get some magic polish from Croc if you have a gadgeteer). Keep magic screen up at all times - in case you get jumped by some dread or fright mares. Good luck!
Lawdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote