Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-13-2001, 04:54 AM   #31
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

(ooc: Don't worry, K Spree and Deiter. There'll be plenty of action ahead for you. Just hop on when you're ready... just for your info, I've set Meldrin as a level 20 mage and stuck to BG2 tables/spells; will be keeping track of the number cast by him. Let me know if you find the battle dragging too long after a while; I'll adjust accordingly. Tks! )

Unfortunately, Meldrin's sharp eyes happen to pick up the blood red silhouette as it flashes across the room… ~ "So… Chani chooses to play games with me." ~ The wrinkles on Meldrin's face deepen and his voice loudens to a deafening level. ~ "I'm losing patience with the lot of you! Had you been together, I might have enjoyed a greater challenge. Your lack of coordination is pathetic! And so... I shall slaughter you all… one... by... one…" ~ As he speaks, Meldrin releases a spell sequencer. ~

~ Mistral gasps as she recognises this as a more powerful version of her earlier sequencer and scrutinises the kaleidoscope of colours weaving around the wizard ~ stoneskin, fireshield and protection from normal missiles… ~ Gasping, Mistral discovers that for some reason, Meldrin is still able to squeeze in another spell ~ He must be wearing a Robe of Vecna just like mine and something else... ~

~ Meldrin chants on in his menacingly low voice and the suspense nearly drives Mistral to insanity. ~ Straining her ears, she now mentally runs through the spells she had inscribed in her mage book over the years and realises… ~ "It's an invisible stalker, Larry! It'll appear in the next round!" ~ Unable to maintain her silence any longer, Mistral hurriedly screams to him.

~ Knowing that she's weaponless to fight the stalker and that the best chance of survival is to kill Meldrin first, Mistral plants her feet firmly on the ground. Words of magic rise from within and she casts a breach spell at Meldrin, hoping that Larry will find an opportunity to attack him... ~

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-13-2001).]
Old 10-13-2001, 07:49 AM   #32
mistral4543

(ooc: *BUMP!* - KS, do you mind that the plot goes this way?? If you don't, then I'll remove the previous post. )
Old 10-13-2001, 07:52 AM   #33
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: YAWN... No, I don't mind. It's just I forbade myself to do anything until Deiter gets here.)
Old 10-13-2001, 08:26 AM   #34
mistral4543

(ooc: 3 questions - 1) What time is it at your side now? 2) Is Deiter coming onboard soon? 3) Do both of you want to participate in the fight? If yes to 2), pls feel free to post away till both of you appear in the room (if you want to fight)... I want to wait for Larry's response anyway. )

Old 10-13-2001, 08:54 AM   #35
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

ooc: It's a quarter til 9 am here right now... I don't know where Deiter is but I suspect he's having computer trouble again. And yes I WOULD like to get in there and fight at least a little, but I'm glued to this spot for now. Like Larry said, I don't leave anyone behind, especially if that anyone's name is Deiter.
Old 10-13-2001, 09:18 AM   #36
mistral4543

(ooc: Thanks for your reply... going to think up some interesting fighting sequences... I seriously wonder if Larry could hold his own in there...mwahahahahah!!!!! :hehe
Old 10-13-2001, 09:31 AM   #37
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

ooc...how do you write a fight with a stalker??? Here goes nothing!

At Mistral's Warning, Larry jumps up, Twin Katanas coming up in the guard position. He sees nothing, yet Mistral had clearly told him to be on the lookout. Suddenly, A slash appears across his back. Larry Drops to the floor instantly onto his hands, and kicks backward. He made contact with something!
The invisible Stalker.
Larry gets back up, realizing that he would be fighting a terrible battle against this invisible foe.
Where was that blasted red circle when you needed it?
Concentrating his mind to think in terms of Blind fighting would give him a better chance. The hairs on the back of his neck tingle, and Larry quickly spins around and crosses his Katanas, stopping the impact of a Longsword. Knowing where the enemy is by that last contact, Larry goes into a spinning whirlwind attack. His Katanas arc up and over, Larry dancing through the moves that took him into his enemy, making several contacts of damage. Then, Larry rolled down and away, grabs a potion on his belt and sipped it down. It was a potion of Haste. Feeling his whole body begin to vibrate with the strange energy, Larry rushes foward, Spinning in windmill style attacks until he felt an impact. Focusing all of his effort on the attempt, Larry brought both Katanas around from the left, and parrelled them across, dealing a massive slash to his enemy. The result was a shadowed corpse on the ground.
Not wasting time, Larry quickly grabbed another potion from his belt and swallowed its contents, just as his Haste spell wore off. The healing energies of this potion made him ready for whatever awaited him next.
Larry bowed to the one seated on the throne.

"A fine choice in Katanas you have, sir. Thank you for allowing me to demonstrate their strength. Shall I continue to prove their worth?"

This brought several chuckles from the surrounding guards, much to the discomfort of Meldrid.
Old 10-13-2001, 09:38 AM   #38
mistral4543

(ooc: lol, Larry, you're squeezing in so many actions within 1 round! KS and Deiter won't need to be around if you go on like that... )

Old 10-13-2001, 09:40 AM   #39
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Fool! Do you think that you are unstoppable? I was only testing your strength. You have not seen an ounce of my power!

~Larry smirked at Meldrin

You are doubting me?

~Meldrin asks, yelling...

It's not that, I have just been waiting to smirk at somebody for the past three days! At least I can tell Spree that I have picked up on something she has taught me. She will be proud when I tell her so.
Old 10-13-2001, 09:43 AM   #40
mistral4543

~ Meldrin ignores Larry's taunt, concentrating on his task at hand. ~ It's time to put an end to this mageling's interference, Meldrin smirks to himself. He directs his chaos spell at Mistral… ~

~ Preoccupied with Larry's safety, Mistral realises too late that she is losing control of her mind. Who's my enemy? Attack my master's enemy! ~ She begins walking around the room randomly, occasionally casting spells at Larry ~

(ooc: By the way, you can't dispel the spells cos you're a ranger... good luck!! Erm... try to delay a bit, KS and Deiter want to fight a little too )