Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-10-2001, 12:06 AM   #1
Gargoyle
Manshoon

I have recently been to New York on a business trip ( well Holiday, their wasn't much work goin on) and I can honestly say that people in New York can not drive, the Taxi I was in was cut off, swore at and he himself did mostly the same, I've never seen such angry drivers, why cant we all just be friendly and give way and be cutious drivers, I swear half of them got their licences on the back of a Weeties Box, No oofence to anyone from New York by the way, im just not used to that kind of thing I suppose !

------------------

Time is only relevant if you have none !
Old 05-10-2001, 12:12 AM   #2
Moni

And you never will be if you never learned to drive that way!
San Antonio is half as bad and it scares the heck outta me to have to go into the city!
Ah, got to appreciate Tucson,AZ...the grids, the timed lights, the friendly people there! New Yorkers there cause more accidents than the locals!

Moni

------------------

Old 05-10-2001, 12:30 AM   #3
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

New Zealand takes the cake specifically Auckland. There are a whole bunch of four way round about intersections with no stoplights and the damn people walk across heavy downtown traffic whenever they feel like it and I mean WALK without the slightest hint of them speeding up to get out of everyones way. You might think they would cross in big groups......NO! they cross 1 at a time every .5 seconds so theirs never a friggin opening to drive!

------------------
Welcome to hell.

[This message has been edited by caleb (edited 05-10-2001).]
Old 05-10-2001, 12:34 AM   #4
Moni

Caleb, makes you want to slap people doesn't it?

Moni
P.S. I put some instructions for you into the thread we were getting you sig perfected in...I have to go to bed now but if you can't get it to work, make another thread asking for help and someone will be there for ya...it should be OK though.

Moni

------------------

Old 05-10-2001, 09:43 AM   #5
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Caleb - Love your billboard! LMAO!!

Gargoyle - Drivers are much the same here in the Washington D.C. area. I remember taking a cab into town last year and my driver shifted and bobbed and weaved in his seat and would cackle wildly and shake his fist at other drivers. Couldn't wait to get out of that cab LOL!

------------------
Old 05-10-2001, 09:56 AM   #6
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Oh Lord! Don't get me started on this topic...

St. Louis, Mo. has got to be the most ignorant place in the entire world to drive. People regularly do think like:

• Get off of the highway (during friggin' rush hour) on an *off* ramp and decide they took the wrong off ramp. So what do they do...back down it back onto the highway.
  • Tailgate, literally, 6 - 12" off of your rear bumper. Multi-car pileups occur here constantly because of this.
  • Cut people off if there is barely enough room to get into the lane in front of them, between them and the car they are following.
  • People tailgate here so that people cannot change lanes in front of them. This, of course, leads to people changing lanes without signalling and at mega speed so that they can get over...otherwise, if they signal, the car they want to lane change in front of (in the destination lane) will speed up and close the gap so they cannot get over. *Very* annoying. As a matter of fact...a couple of months ago this happened to a guy in a pickup truck. Some woman wouldn't let him over and he got so pissed off, he ran her off the road...she was killed in the accident. He's in prison for a long time now...
  • My personal favorite...drivers here pull out into the left-most (aka "the passing lane") and drive like 15 - 20 mph under the speed limit while failing to move over and let faster moving traffic through. I was in a 6 mile back up on the highway because of some a$$hole who was doing this. One old man going 45 mph in a 60mph zone caused many people to be late for work...[/list]
    Ok. Rant over. Thanks for listening...

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!

[This message has been edited by Throntar (edited 05-10-2001).]
Old 05-10-2001, 04:33 PM   #7
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

HeHeHe... Welcome to my world! I've been almost everywhere in the U.S, and L.A is the worst. Just the other day, there was traffic due to some construction, and I watched an old beat up astro van jump up on the sidewalk and proceed to scare the living hell out of some unfortunate pedestrians. After he passed the construction, he drove off the curb and kept going as if nothing was amiss!!

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)
Old 05-10-2001, 05:45 PM   #8
turbovee
Elminster

I live in sunny San Diego where it probably rains 20-30 times a year. Drivers here act like its ok to do the 70-80 MPH that they would normally drive on sunny days when it begins to rain. They also don't understand the dynamics of hydroplaning and that tailgating each other is a bad idea. Needless to say many an accident litters the highway. I was raised in the Rocky Mountain area so I know all about driving in snow, rain and other hazardous weather. I swear a drop of rain hits the ground out here and its instant idiot driver syndrome. We also have to worry about uninsured drivers from across the border and morons who try to drive while using a handheld cellphone. If an uninsured driver from Mexico slams into you you're screwed. Unless your insurance covers the damage there is no way for you to recover your losses. Since they are from another country, there is no legal processes to sue or make them pay. Even if they are insured in Mexico there is no guarantee that the Mexican insurance company will pay the damages. They default all the time. because of this insurance rates here in San Diego are fairly pricey. Not to mention the stolen vehicles that cross the border and even if they are found over there they never get recovered.

------------------

The sexiest elf mage in the land
I feel the need, the need for SPEED!
Peace and hair grease
Old 05-10-2001, 05:54 PM   #9
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Heh....things are much better in Toronto....just wait till winter comes.....

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-10-2001, 05:58 PM   #10
turbovee
Elminster

Accord - How do things work concerning accidents between Canadian/American drivers? Uninsured or not

------------------

The sexiest elf mage in the land
I feel the need, the need for SPEED!
Peace and hair grease