Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2001, 03:55 AM   #11
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

Yeah, Blackrazor is nice.. But I never seem to notice any level-draining on opponents with it. Does it list those effects in the msg bar, or not? Also you have to sorta ... sacrifice to get Blackrazor.

You have a nice character, pretty high lvl for where you are at in the game. I dual-classed, and wasn't as high by then..
Old 07-23-2001, 06:05 AM   #12
EssE
Elite Waterdeep Guard

There's really not much point in putting skills at sword and shield style in my opinion...
And i think straigt fighters are a bit boring to play so u get a 7 even though ur character is really powerful..
Old 07-23-2001, 08:01 AM   #13
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

what are your hit points?

Actually, thats quite good, as for the equalizer, its good against the right kind of opponent, but for an all round weapon, not the best.

I like the 5 proficiencies in long sword, very nice....
Old 07-23-2001, 09:00 AM   #14
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Very good, I give you a 9. You just lose a point due to having long swords and because you don't have a missile weapon. Long swords are good but there are better weapons. With 5 proficiencies and an amazing thaco you want the most powerful weapon possible. Don't worry about equilizor, wait for angurvadal in TOB. Sword and shield style is a bit of a waste too but I guess seeing as you have proficiencies to spare why not. If you want to use a shield though then get the axe azure edge and put your next 5 proficiencies in axes. TOb has an awesome axe which you might want too.
By the way my best character is a true class fighter, so I know what I'm saying. Nothing wrong with playing a true class fighter at all.

------------------
visit www.zipworld.com.au/~wsgs
Old 07-23-2001, 12:00 PM   #15
koz-ivan
Manshoon

5 out of ten, if playing in a party.

why the low rating? too much redundant equipment & proffs.

a) why use the fire control ring when you have the cloak of mirrors, can't another party member use some resistance to fire?. a different choice could be ring of air control, gives improved invisibility and ribald has a whole bunch of them.

b) with saving throws that low the harmony shield is overkill.

c) 2 proff's in sword and shield. more weapon flexibility would have been better. sword & shield is easily the worst weapon style.

d) 5 stars in long sword? only good w/ the gm patch, if you haven't patched then more than 3 stars is a waste imo.

e) with only two weapons that your char is skilled in neither are blunt. some mace skill would be real handy when fighting a monster immune to slashing weapons.
------------
stuff that i like about your char:

a) equalizor, it's a very good weapon in some situations and will reduce your need for the harmony shield, and allow you to use a better (lower ac) shield.

b) axes, azure edge is one of the best items in the game availble early (and is the easiest to get.)

c) choice of long sword in general (even better for elf's +1 th+d) with a good selection of longswords, daystar, dragon killer, equal, flame tounge, the drinker, flaming sword, ect ect you get to use a bunch of different weapons in diff situations. (in some cases the "right" longsword outclasses even the power weapons)

d) no kit, intresting most would have chosen one, you get bonus points for not doing so.

e) no gaxx ring.
Old 07-23-2001, 01:32 PM   #16
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

I've heard the shield v's no shield argument before. Personally, I find most characters can't take the loss in armour class until the final chapters, so to make the game easier throughout, I would argue a shield is an essential. I know the old nutmeg, 'but ToB', however, it is only an add-on and as such even with it, 50% of your game time will be made easier by shields. As to sword and shield style, its not so useless as to not warrant a few proficiencies if your going gaming with a shield all the time. Also, I though the cloak of mirroring (or whatever)was not 100% a stopper, and only good for spells below a certain level. I know, its a dumb addition to the game, it really makes life a tad too easy, then again how many times have you come against nigh invincibles critters with 100% magic resistance, not quite as bad as getting your nasty magic back to you, but irritating nonetheless. I'll give you the gaxx ring though, that would be overkill....
Old 07-23-2001, 02:30 PM   #17
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by DonkeyWan:
I've heard the shield v's no shield argument before. Personally, I find most characters can't take the loss in armour class until the final chapters
My level 17 elf Kensi has a THAC0 of -14 and -12, dual weild (Long sword of roses and Celestial fury if you're wondering) He deals out about 18-25 damage each hit and has 4 attacks per round! Nothing lasts long enough to hurt him!

Except for those f**king adamite golems.....

------------------
Old 07-23-2001, 02:33 PM   #18
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Hmm. My level 8 Drow does more damage than that..
Old 07-23-2001, 02:38 PM   #19
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Ach, beaten by a black-skinned one!

I'll go take my anger out by wiping out all the inhabitants of your city

------------------
Old 07-23-2001, 02:40 PM   #20
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I don't mind. They are all weak there anyway. Even I could wipe them all out. They give Drow a bad name. Now, my Fighter is another story..