Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2003, 07:44 PM   #1
Cavalier
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, So I have tried Several combinations to open doors on this level. I having serious problems. Is there a certain combination to look for? At one point I was able to open the door to the throne room. I Grabed the helm in the trone room and let all 3 greater dopplegangers fight themselves. Now how Do I get back in? Any assistance would be a great help. Thanks in advance.
Cavalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 02:47 PM   #2
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Wish i could help, but I only have the normal BG. No Tower full of Monsters, Locks, and Knights for me! Maybe a reply will get some more people to look at this. I hope so!
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 02:54 PM   #3
andrewas
Harper

Cant remember how to do this one. I do recall that you can never completely stuff yourself, theres always a way out. So it just comes down to endless experimentation and careful notetaking.

I did use a guide for this part myself, but in the end it was easier to work it out myself than list switch coordinates.
Old 03-10-2003, 04:03 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

After fiddling with the Practice Dummies and getting into the Throne Room, the two doors that the Doppelgangers open should stay unlocked. Through them, you can do some more exploring, and find a room which has some switches on the wall. Manipulate the switches, and you can get some more doors to open......or close.
Old 03-10-2003, 06:40 PM   #5
Flaming Fist Enforcer
Drow Warrior

First go sw into the room with gargoyle statues, and click the 2 clickable ones. Go back to the center, and then se into the bedroom. Durlag appears here, but turns into a doppleganger. Now you can go to the nw room, the one with all those dummies (not sure if you have to pick up wardstones, but do so anyway). When you attack the dummies Durlag appears again. When you kill him the door to the ne should be opened and you can go through.

Btw, when you get through those doors and battle begins iirc the doors close and you can't get your chars (who stayed on the other side) through them until the battle is over.
Old 03-20-2003, 05:29 PM   #6
Cavalier
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Arrow

Thanks for the help. I have gotten through the first 3 rooms on the 3rd lower level in Durlags Tower. However, How do you get past the 3 dopplegangers in the throne room? Do you let one character fend for themselves or do you send in the whole party? When I go in (as a 7th level Paladin) I still pass out from the stink clauds. This is even protected with protection from evil and a potion of heroism. Then my character is killed. When I send in the whole party 3 pass out in the first attack. And more than one character Dies. Ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cavalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 06:08 PM   #7
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

My only advice is send your whole party in but try to avoid the cloud. I think if the all stay near the exit, or at the back wall near the throne they can avoid the clouds.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 10:37 PM   #8
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

S-P-O-I-L-E-R-S Ahead >
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
hopefully you have the boots of speed. make everyone stay in the room with the books on the floor and place one archer in the roon with the target dummies, then the Character with the boots of speed have him/her drink a potion of speed run into the throne Room all the way to the Throne and hit pause click on the throne and take the helm and then place the curser back in the room where the rest of your team are and unpause the game he will run back to safty just befor the doors slam shut and the gas goes off. then wait a minute or so until your sure the gas has disapated then have the PC you left in the target dummy room shoot the dummies until the correct door opens and have your mage step through the door and shoot off a fireball or two this will take care or any Dopplegangers that the gas didn't kill. From this point on Have your thief search for traps and disarm them as you enter each area and save Game alot or you'll be fighting many killer battles over and over again.
Old 03-22-2003, 10:52 AM   #9
Wumpspawner
Manshoon

I got myself locked in the throne room. I killed the dopplegangers, went through the door on the left, explored, fought, came back into the throne room to rest, and voila! Upon waking, all the doors are closed and locked. Ain't life a bitch?