Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2003, 01:41 AM   #11
Olli Kalma

Welcome the mighty stamar !

Just pop up to say, enjoy our forum.
I like W&W more than W8 and can't wait for you to start your game and tell us about it!

Tip's for beginning:
As kev said, 'They Will Hunt You Down!'
and Bungleau has his good advice about saving the game, think you'll hear it next.
Look on the walls when entering into caves. There's allways some button/lever you must click to enter into cave...
Rest of tips you can find from post: Best Tips!

( tips are gathered from starters games. We all had similar problems [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Old 02-17-2003, 10:18 PM   #12
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Just for you, Olli....

As you adventure in the Gael Serran, be sure to pause every so often and recite the magic mantra which eases the pain of daily life...

Quote:
[img]graemlins/tgestar1.gif[/img] Save early...
[img]graemlins/tgestar1.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/tgestar2.gif[/img] save often...
[img]graemlins/tgestar1.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/tgestar2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/tgestar3.gif[/img] save before...
[img]graemlins/tgestar1.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/tgestar2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/tgestar3.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/tgestar4.gif[/img] save after...
It has saved the life of many an adventurer, and allowed many peaceful nights to follow an evening of gaming.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 05:03 PM   #13
the mighty stamar

Thank you for all the welcomes.

Right now all I did was sort of start it out and try to get familiar with it. My dudes are level 3 now. I have a lizard fighter a human fighter and a elepaht priest and a fairie magic user and a elf magic user. When should I try to join the two guilds I have access to? They are priest guild and warrior guild.

I suppose I am sort of stuck, I entered the first dungeon in the crypt, and I met a door and it doesnt open. I have a rat pie for the dwarfs brother.
I think there is something wrong with my sound, or it is possible thats the way it is. I havent tried doing win 95 mode which is suggested in faq. There was something I had to do with decompressing speech... but I have yet to hear any speech in the game I was wondering if someone could list who or what talks in the game.
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 07:31 PM   #14
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi stamar!

In the crypt, just so we're clear which door you mean, is it the one that after moving the statue and going through the first door and down the steps is on the far side of a dark room?

If it is that one, check the wall on your left as you face the door that you can't get open. You will find a lever. Tons of players have missed that lever!

The NPCs in the guilds do not talk - you just get subtitles. You should be hearing something from various monsters but there are others on this board who are going to be far more help than I can be in sorting out audio problems! Hopefully one of them will be along soon and help with the sound!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 09:43 PM   #15
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Wyv's answered the good stuff. About the guilds -- get in as quickly as you can. Once you're a member, you can get quests, and they build up XP rather nicely (at least, in the start of the game). You can also start training as another class, something which I believe your warriors should do ASAP -- to barbarian, perhaps, since that class promotion is so easy.

As for the sound thing, I take it you're running on XP. The 95 compatibility switch will help things tremendously (AFAIK; Willow and Packrat know more than I, and Detah does too). The usual mantra of current drivers is also important, although it should be less of an issue with XP.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 11:56 AM   #16
bsftcs
Red Dragon

The guilds can also improve your characters' skills through training which can be very useful.
Also it is a great relief each time someone new tells us that he or she had problems finding the lever in the crypt. It makes us feel less stupid. I considered erasing the game from my computer after three days of being stuck at the crypt entrance. But luckily I stayed. You have many good hours of playing ahead of you. And believe me: This will not be the last time you feel stuck.
Old 02-20-2003, 09:07 PM   #17
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

I fell in love with both Wiz and Warriors and Wiz 8. I think it is about time I go back to W&W after this game of W8. I tend to play games I like to death, so to speak. Same with eating my fave foods, unfortunately! I got frustrated at a certain point when an item I needed should have been there to continue the game (this was maybe my third time around with it, so you may not have this problem, still using Win 98 until I upgrade computer in a year or two). Both games are still my favorite CRPGs, although I am fond of some old ones. Waiting for something new that can have first person, good plot development and leveling system, etc. Patience is a virtue in all CRPGs. Morrowind, although good, requires TOO much for me at this time. And join all Guilds as best you can afford them. Best of luck...Zig