Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2001, 11:17 PM   #1
dulouz
Manshoon

Spoilers possibly lie ahead

So i was in the underdark with a party of 6, one of them being Jaheria. I fought through the Mind Flayers lair, then heading into the Beholders cavern. I kill a few of the baddies, march on, then come across a few beholders and some mind flayers. In the middle of battle, Jaheria decides that she needs to go back to the Harpers Guild in the docks district. So i'm pissed. I'm left with Me (mage/theif), Minsc, Keldorn, Aeireeeriaiera (i can never remember how to spell her name), and Imoen. No healers. Uhg. I make my way somehow clearing the beholder caverns. At the time Jaheria left, she had 1 suit of full plate drow armour, and one drow sheild (+3 or something..) To make a long story short, I make it out of the underdark and go find Jaheira outside the Harpers Guild. She talks to whats-his-name about being executed, etc... I check her inventory cause she was carrying Keldorns Armour and some other peoples stuff. And she still had the Drow equipment, not adamantine dust! It is equiped and seems to be unchanged! w00t! Too bad she wasn't carrying 3 other suits and sheilds. she has like 100) strength or something from some gauntlets so she could managed

So it's bright and sunny out in the docks, and Jaheria is walking around in full Drow attire. How nice Sorry if this is a known issue. I've got the latest official patch installed, btw.

Dulouz.
Old 07-15-2001, 11:53 PM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Ex. You are in The Slums.

You use CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("uddrow##"). A drow appears, hostile or non. You kill it. You take it's armor, Oof! It is a common thing to have Drow equipment in daylight without it falling apart into purple dust.
Old 07-16-2001, 12:27 AM   #3
dulouz
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
Ex. You are in The Slums.

You use CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("uddrow##"). A drow appears, hostile or non. You kill it. You take it's armor, Oof! It is a common thing to have Drow equipment in daylight without it falling apart into purple dust.
That's fine and all, but some of us don't cheat (or whatever you might call this). So it may be common to you. The sequence of events that i happened to come across seems far more interesting.

Dulouz.

Old 07-16-2001, 02:16 AM   #4
Azred
Drow Priestess

What happens is that the only area where drow equipment gets turned into adamantine dust is the little area into which you emerge from the Underdark and meet Elhan. Any other area doesn't check for drow equipment; any NPC that you kick out and have wait for you at the Copper Coronet will retain drow equipment. This is not really a bug, per se, just a "legal loophole".

------------------
An intelligent mind is the key to the universe.

The most distressing thing about practicing magic is the fact that even the most learned sorcerers cannot accurately describe what magic *is*....
Old 07-16-2001, 04:49 AM   #5
Istaron
Banned User

What is the matter with you guys? Do you know what type of game you are playing? It is a RPG, Role Playing Game! What's so damn roleplaying when one cheat like this, having drow-armour in the sun and so.
No, more RP to the people!

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen