Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-03-2004, 01:45 PM   #21
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Led Zepplin metal? Jees, I dunno what I would class the metal I listen to them...
Old 11-03-2004, 01:49 PM   #22
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Heavy, death, or speed metal, more than likely. Yeah, man, Led Zepp's pretty heavy. Just about all metal stems from them in some way or another.
Old 11-03-2004, 01:51 PM   #23
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Ok doke then. I just don't see them as heavy for some reason. Well how about Boston then, I have 'More than a Feeling' that they are classic rock [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2004, 02:17 PM   #24
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

You say you have 20 gigs of metal? if you have it, would you mind sending oversome song's from the load and/or reload albums?
Old 11-03-2004, 02:21 PM   #25
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Hmmm... an interesting thought. I'd turn it around and ask him what it is about metal that makes it happen, and why it doesn't happen with jazz, classic rock, swing, big band, or polka? Or does it, and you should just avoid all music because you might become addicted to it?
I guess that's personal taste. I know I like some metal because of emotion, musical skills of the band and sometimes it's just got a catchy melody or drum lines. Drum lines are great there's so much you can do with the same stuff and make it sound different, without having to think about notes and chords. For example it can affect the music a lot if you run a double-bass or just some cymbals and you don't have to think about the scale which you have to if you sing or play guitars and keyboards for example.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:43 PM   #26
Lucern
Quintesson

My brother has every Led Zeppelin album. Good stuff, but I usually hear they're the grandaddy of 'Hard Rock'. Black Sabbath or Iron Maiden usually pull that title away for Metal.

Of course, I bet lots of metal bands that are playing today listened to all three of them in their youth.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:51 PM   #27
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

armageddon, feel free to pm me
Old 11-03-2004, 06:43 PM   #28
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Dron_Cah:
Actually, Ross, Led Zeppelin is considered basically the "Grand-daddy" of metal! As I've said before, I'm not really a metal-head, just a Metallica fan, for the most part. Oh, and Variol, no problems, here! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Ok all you Zeppelin fans, here some homework for y'all:

Listen to all the Zeppelin albums and count the "baby's" on each. I think 4 had about 72 when a friend counted. (that should keep 'em off the forum for a while)

..uh, let us know what you find! Thanks!
Old 11-06-2004, 09:51 PM   #29
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Zeppelin rocks!

I think music is one of those things that do affect emotions in a person. We all have lots of emotions, so some of us listen to lots of different types of music, each one taps into a different emotion. I personally don't think it is bad really, it helps you get out your emotions, which is good, stress comes in many levels, not just angry emotions. Although you have to not let the music get to you to where you act out, i.e. rock and metal music that gets your blood up while driving for instance LOL. (heh, listening to Rage Against the Machine's "Testify" as I type this, love that band).

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-06-2004, 10:48 PM   #30
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by philip:
quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Hmmm... an interesting thought. I'd turn it around and ask him what it is about metal that makes it happen, and why it doesn't happen with jazz, classic rock, swing, big band, or polka? Or does it, and you should just avoid all music because you might become addicted to it?
I guess that's personal taste. I know I like some metal because of emotion, musical skills of the band and sometimes it's just got a catchy melody or drum lines. Drum lines are great there's so much you can do with the same stuff and make it sound different, without having to think about notes and chords. For example it can affect the music a lot if you run a double-bass or just some cymbals and you don't have to think about the scale which you have to if you sing or play guitars and keyboards for example. [/QUOTE]I agree, Philip, and I'm also a drummer [img]smile.gif[/img] So I get to play with those different things, and it is a lot of fun. It can also get as complicated as those "guys with notes", too

What I'm curious about is the claim that metal causes a *chemical* addiction. I understand that the rhythms, melodies, and harmonies can engage me, but I can't see where they'll cause a chemical change (let alone addiction). And if they do, I'd be curious why other music forms do or don't have the same properties.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.