Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2002, 04:58 PM   #21
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I answered that we should use the money to lay a trap. Lives are at stake, and it's the only way to catch him quickly. This is not negotiating with terrorists. It is making use of a caveat to the "we do not negotiate" mantra, the caveat being "we are free to lie to you and cheat you if you are a terrorist."
Old 10-23-2002, 05:21 PM   #22
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

I say give him the money in a roadside drop, not an account. Then the money could be laced with anthrax.
Old 10-23-2002, 05:29 PM   #23
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I think the money is just a ploy. The sniper has shown he is smart. Theres no way he would ever actually get the money and he knows it. He is f****** with the public and the police, thats all.
As for tighter gun control virtually anyone could do this if they were a maniac.
Old 10-23-2002, 05:50 PM   #24
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
I think the money is just a ploy. The sniper has shown he is smart. Theres no way he would ever actually get the money and he knows it. He is f****** with the public and the police, thats all.
As for tighter gun control virtually anyone could do this if they were a maniac.
yeah, and maybe he is just delighted to see public fight on this issue. maybe he has a point to cross.
Old 10-23-2002, 05:58 PM   #25
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

That was my point 250, although I should have been clearer. Demanding money is only to cause dissent in my opinion. He/she/they only want fear and chaos. Also good to see you back lately, hope everything is ok with you [img]smile.gif[/img]

Dragonmage as for your Al Quieda question...it could very well be. It is causing terror. Whether its them or not remains to be seen. No way to rule it out though :/
Old 10-23-2002, 06:02 PM   #26
MagiK

DM thanks for posting for one thing, secondly, I am pretty much 50-50 wether its a home-grown nut job or an Al queda nut job, but Im pretty sure I am going to think he/she/it is a nut job regardless. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-23-2002, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 10-23-2002, 06:10 PM   #27
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quite dismissive (am I surprised) with your phrasing and responses about the last question ole chum. Some specifics as to what is being proposed would make nice reading for those far away from the scene.

Hey, if you want to be open ended and non-committal to proposals - a law enforcing that all citizens be implanted with a continual monitoring (location) device would surely narrow down the suspects after just one or two events.
Old 10-23-2002, 06:15 PM   #28
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Quite dismissive (am I surprised) with your phrasing and responses about the last question ole chum. Some specifics as to what is being proposed would make nice reading for those far away from the scene.

Hey, if you want to be open ended and non-committal to proposals - a law enforcing that all citizens be implanted with a continual monitoring (location) device would surely narrow down the suspects after just one or two events.
You've been drinking havent you? Errr so have I [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2002, 06:24 PM   #29
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
Exactly, tighter gun controls.

A shooting in England is extremely rare, we here about yours (USA) 10x more than ours. Probably more.
Your definition of "extremely rare" and mine seem to be off by several ordersof magnitude [img]smile.gif[/img] I think it was Epona who was telling us that it wasn't all that uncommon. I think you might want to do a comparison with population totals and area covered totals before you go making assumptions on that. Canada for example has 1/10th the number of gun related deaths as us, however, they have 1/10th the number of total people as well.

Old 10-23-2002, 06:27 PM   #30
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
quote:
Originally posted by Davros:

You've been drinking havent you? Errr so have I [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]It's 6:30 am buddy - a bit early for the Wild Turkey . Oh well, must head off to work - toodle pipski