Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2001, 02:46 PM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I am just curious, do you read a lot of books? what is your interest?
most people call you a bard, now I see the reason. your lore value must be awefully high
Old 04-10-2001, 02:48 PM   #2
Moiraine
Anubis

Is it a private thread, or can we post here too ?

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 04-10-2001, 02:53 PM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
Is it a private thread, or can we post here too ?

post haste, I got Secret Agent here taking notes
Old 04-10-2001, 03:35 PM   #4
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
I am just curious, do you read a lot of books? what is your interest?
most people call you a bard, now I see the reason. your lore value must be awefully high
250 you are too kind.

I'm an individual with a love for God and his creation, so I read about it, about what has happened in the past (a broad reading of history) about what's happened recently (Newspapers, magazines) and what it looks like (maps, geographical books, sociological material) and the people within. I used to pour through my parents encyclopedias reading about each nation. I had read about each and every nation before the end of high school, and most of them more than twice. So I gained a rudimentary knowlege of where everything was and who was where, that I was able to build upon with new knowlege through the years.

I enjoy discussions and conversations with people - I enjoy PEOPLE to start with - but I enjoy getting to understand the other point of view. (It's as close as one can get to being different 'classes' as in BG. )

I like travelling as seeing the creation for myself. Australia is very difficult to leave, so large is it and so expensive to get out, so while I couldn't see much of the rest of the world I saw a lot of my own country (every state bar Tasmania), making sure I looked at it through the eyes of tourist's as well. It is a vast country, so there is much to see.

When I did get overseas I crammed as much as I could into a short space of time, and recently got the chance to head off again. (Europe and Singapore. I spoke to a person from Sri Lanka today visiting the music college I've been teaching at. I may be able to go there at some point and do some teaching/performing there.)

Oh yes, and so I also express myself musically. I'm ever thankful that I can sing, and over the years I've picked up how to play instruments and record my own works. (This led to others wanting me to record their material.) No lessons, just observation, mimicry and experimentation. I remember things thankfully. I've had some success in the musical arena, enough to make a living over the years.

All this discovery is driven by my love for the Creator, and joy at being alive, in spite of some pretty heavy 'curveballs' in life that at different times have hit me very very hard.

------------------
O.K..... what do I do now? Goo goo goo choo?

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 04-10-2001, 04:17 PM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
250 you are too kind.

I'm an individual with a love for God and his creation, so I read about it, about what has happened in the past (a broad reading of history) about what's happened recently (Newspapers, magazines) and what it looks like (maps, geographical books, sociological material) and the people within. I used to pour through my parents encyclopedias reading about each nation. I had read about each and every nation before the end of high school, and most of them more than twice. So I gained a rudimentary knowlege of where everything was and who was where, that I was able to build upon with new knowlege through the years.

I enjoy discussions and conversations with people - I enjoy PEOPLE to start with - but I enjoy getting to understand the other point of view. (It's as close as one can get to being different 'classes' as in BG. )

I like travelling as seeing the creation for myself. Australia is very difficult to leave, so large is it and so expensive to get out, so while I couldn't see much of the rest of the world I saw a lot of my own country (every state bar Tasmania), making sure I looked at it through the eyes of tourist's as well. It is a vast country, so there is much to see.

When I did get overseas I crammed as much as I could into a short space of time, and recently got the chance to head off again. (Europe and Singapore. I spoke to a person from Sri Lanka today visiting the music college I've been teaching at. I may be able to go there at some point and do some teaching/performing there.)

Oh yes, and so I also express myself musically. I'm ever thankful that I can sing, and over the years I've picked up how to play instruments and record my own works. (This led to others wanting me to record their material.) No lessons, just observation, mimicry and experimentation. I remember things thankfully. I've had some success in the musical arena, enough to make a living over the years.

All this discovery is driven by my love for the Creator, and joy at being alive, in spite of some pretty heavy 'curveballs' in life that at different times have hit me very very hard.

how wonderful!

I always envied those who live a life of richness (spiritually) and discovery! and when I read about theirs and I look at mine, I felt how very small my personal experiences are. I had came from China to live in USA for three years already. However, I felt like I walked like a blindman. I never truely grasped what is happening around me, and I've been wasted times on petty things and feelings. I saw things, but I don't see.

ne way, your broad expreience in reading is amazing! the only two great books I considered I ever read is "Tuesday with Morri" and "As a man thinkth, by James Allen" the rest of the books I read are... *cough* shamefully, fantasies. I do read news and history though, but not with an effort like you. and It didn't surprise me to hear about how much you have traveled and read, beause what you say and express demostraited themselves.

talking about Australia!! I been there! a very lovely and bueatiful city! guess you never viewed it as the way I see it? When i first came there, I was totally amazed! seriously, when i been to the Sydney Theatr, and watch the bridge and wonderful shadpes of the buildings, that was a fantastic experience!

anyway, good to know
Old 04-10-2001, 04:19 PM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

BTW, this is not a private post, everyone can drop a line if they feel like it!
Old 04-10-2001, 04:22 PM   #7
Rikard

Dropped a line
Caught a fish
A VERY BIG fish
line broke

------------------

Old 04-10-2001, 05:15 PM   #8
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:

how wonderful!

I always envied those who live a life of richness (spiritually) and discovery! and when I read about theirs and I look at mine, I felt how very small my personal experiences are. I had came from China to live in USA for three years already. However, I felt like I walked like a blindman. I never truely grasped what is happening around me, and I've been wasted times on petty things and feelings. I saw things, but I don't see.

ne way, your broad expreience in reading is amazing! the only two great books I considered I ever read is "Tuesday with Morri" and "As a man thinkth, by James Allen" the rest of the books I read are... *cough* shamefully, fantasies. I do read news and history though, but not with an effort like you. and It didn't surprise me to hear about how much you have traveled and read, beause what you say and express demostraited themselves.

talking about Australia!! I been there! a very lovely and bueatiful city! guess you never viewed it as the way I see it? When i first came there, I was totally amazed! seriously, when i been to the Sydney Theatr, and watch the bridge and wonderful shadpes of the buildings, that was a fantastic experience!

anyway, good to know
Sydney is indeed beautiful Reading fantasy is never shameful 250. It is the stuff of dreams. They broaden the mind about what is possible, and can affect the way you see the world ("That forest looks like it could have an Elven city buried within"....etc etc).

Regarding your experience, you have lived in two of the most important and influencial nations ever! Such an experience base is a wonderful thing, and will give a firm foundation for perceptions in years to come.

You have drawn much from me tonight 250. I have enjoyed the conversations.

------------------
O.K..... what do I do now? Goo goo goo choo?

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 04-10-2001, 05:20 PM   #9
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Sydney is indeed beautiful Reading fantasy is never shameful 250. It is the stuff of dreams. They broaden the mind about what is possible, and can affect the way you see the world ("That forest looks like it could have an Elven city buried within"....etc etc).

Regarding your experience, you have lived in two of the most important and influencial nations ever! Such an experience base is a wonderful thing, and will give a firm foundation for perceptions in years to come.

You have drawn much from me tonight 250. I have enjoyed the conversations.

So have you read any of my books yet Yorick, oh fantasy reader?

Hello again 250!

------------------
Old 04-10-2001, 05:26 PM   #10
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

hello again?? wut iz zat mean? you shaid hello befor?? me no shee it!! you gota writeit louder you know wut m'shaying?