Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-08-2001, 12:19 PM   #1
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

New signature mate? I've been playing a lot with Xara3D lately - is that what you're using or something else? I used to be against gratuitous 3D but have found once getting started its almost impossible to stop tweaking...

------------------
Old 04-08-2001, 12:21 PM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Asphyxiate:
New signature mate? I've been playing a lot with Xara3D lately - is that what you're using or something else? I used to be against gratuitous 3D but have found once getting started its almost impossible to stop tweaking...
I like Memsy's new SIG! I've got to figure out how to do something with mine....sigh...

CB

PS, your's is purrrty cool, Asp!

------------------

Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 04-08-2001, 12:30 PM   #3
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
I like Memsy's new SIG! I've got to figure out how to do something with mine....sigh...
PS, your's is purrrty cool, Asp!
Thankx - I think its kinda huge / busy at the moment but I started it at work and then got interrupted so I never 'refined' it. I can happily help with yours though - feel free to drop me a mail with any requirements and I can give it a stab.

Asphyxiate2000@hotmail.com

------------------
Old 04-08-2001, 12:33 PM   #4
Epona
Zartan

Whoa - that eye is creepy

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas and The Ladies Guild.
Old 04-08-2001, 12:46 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Thankx - I think its kinda huge / busy at the moment but I started it at work and then got interrupted so I never 'refined' it. I can happily help with yours though - feel free to drop me a mail with any requirements and I can give it a stab.

Asphyxiate2000@hotmail.com

WOW! I haven't actually thought it out since I didn't really know what could be done...I'll think about it,Asp, and let you know! That's very nice of you to offer! Is it a gif file when you finish?

Cloudy

------------------

Storm-Queen
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 04-08-2001, 12:48 PM   #6
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
WOW! I haven't actually thought it out since I didn't really know what could be done...I'll think about it,Asp, and let you know! That's very nice of you to offer! Is it a gif file when you finish?
It can be whatever you want dear. If you want animations it has to be a .gif file but personally I try to stay away from overzealous animations, they tend to take the reader's eye away from the text in the post itself. That's the problem I have with my current .sig anyway. I was thinking along the lines of some nice tasty regal gold Cloudbringer 3d text... *ponder*

------------------
Old 04-08-2001, 12:49 PM   #7
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

i can animate it if you want me to help

------------------
Old 04-08-2001, 12:53 PM   #8
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by slackerboy:
i can animate it if you want me to help
Depends upon what type of animation needs to be done - as I said on a personal note I'd rather stay away from it cuz I think there's too much animation on webpages already but if Cloudy really wants it i can do fade, flip or rotate stuff, just not any fancy photoshop filters from home b/c i don't have Adobe at home yet If she wants that I'll need to enlist your help.

------------------
Old 04-08-2001, 01:07 PM   #9
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
It can be whatever you want dear. If you want animations it has to be a .gif file but personally I try to stay away from overzealous animations, they tend to take the reader's eye away from the text in the post itself. That's the problem I have with my current .sig anyway. I was thinking along the lines of some nice tasty regal gold Cloudbringer 3d text... *ponder*

I like that idea! Hmmmm, gold and silver? Clouds have silver linings...LOL
I'd kind of like one for Storm Queen, too. I've had that in my sig since Memnoch first gave it to me in my earliest days on the old board and like it.

What do you think for that one? Something grey/blue/purple? Like the evening sky in a whopping good storm?! Little lightning bolt letters? Not sure....*think think think*

(no animations, thank you, I like them well enough but I prefer static for text)

Cloudy

------------------

Storm-Queen
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 04-08-2001, 01:23 PM   #10
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

as for animation i was thinking something subtle. like the outline of the clouds flashing with lighting. maybey some dark clouds with blueish lightning in the back ground

------------------