Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2001, 08:47 PM   #11
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

i nurse it alright memnoch... its a monster i turn it into a more dreadful disaster...tsk tsk...

being hammered is better than the cops coz cops will hammer you but you cant fight back.

------------------

I...AM...BAHAMUT...AND IT IS YOU PEOPLE...I FEAR
Old 03-26-2001, 08:54 PM   #12
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

there are a lot of things... that i wanted to show her... a lot of things i wanted to do... but first she has to decide if its me she wants in her life right now... that is one mistake that maybe, will never change. why would i waste my time and creativity on something i am not sure of being known or seen?

maybe, it was with my other experience with a so called friend... i posted it on the old forum. my mistake by telling her... and the fact that i wanted to say it for her to know the truth, i messed up. that time, she wasnt still over him... and i came to appreciate her that time and gave me ideas on what i wanted to show her...

------------------

Old 03-26-2001, 08:58 PM   #13
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
why would i waste my time and creativity on something i am not sure of being known or seen?
Ah Ryan therein lives an important lesson, "nothing ventured, nothing gained".

As i said earlier, some small action now could lead to bigger possibilities later. This is the way of all things really (at least the way I see it) you make decisions now to best guide your path 3 steps ahead.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123

Old 03-26-2001, 09:00 PM   #14
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

a terrible mistake i suppose... hmmm... this prom, will say it all... it will. if i am really the person, i say i am...

------------------

Old 03-26-2001, 09:07 PM   #15
Sir_Tainly

Let the events unfold now, you've done your planning, so lets see how it turns out. Don't worry about the event till it happens, if you are a fatalist, whats the point in worrying, what will happen will happen anyway. Alternativelty if you beleive you are the master of your own destiny, have confidence in your ability to decide correctly when the situation arises. As Memnoch says if it goes badly, learn from it, pick yourself up and don't make the same mistake again.

Rule of thumb, there are only two types of event in life, those that give pleasure and those you learn from.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123

Old 03-27-2001, 07:41 PM   #16
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

got it sir_tainly... hehe memnochs mule story was cool. its just that what i may do is ponder it a little too much. id ont regret anything, but all i do is think about it, how i did it, why did they do that to me, meaning im not that important, etc., pathetic, i have more problems to problem how to solve and i think of meager problems that i know the answer yet keep thinking of a another one...

------------------

Old 03-27-2001, 07:46 PM   #17
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Relax bro! You're thinkin about thinkin! I understand as my mind never stops thinking. I even wake up in the middle of the night often unable to go back to sleep because I cannot stop THINKING! Just try to take it easy, and just let things flow as they will and think about them when they happen, you know? DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE!!! At least not for good!

------------------
Old 03-28-2001, 12:37 AM   #18
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ryan,

Dammit! I can't cry and type, it's too hard..yah, I'm whining...been doing it all night. Now listen!

You are such a special person! I don't chase just anybody around this monster board anymore, you know. But I've been chasing after you for a while now, trying to touch base with you to find out how things were going....and so I see in your very well written first post here, the things we might have talked about if I'd ever got my time-frame right.

You know something? I feel very frail sometimes too, Ryan. I know you are not sure of your faith. I was there once and I can tell you, it was then that I somehow found the strength to go on and not despair. I know that was when my faith came back full force, because I didn't do it all by myself. I had a whole lotta help from above.

God, my heart just goes out to you, Ryan! I can't tell you how much I understand and relate to much of your thoughts and feelings, even some of your experiences. And how very sad I am to hear you still talk of dying by your own will. So very very sad... You are too precious a commodity to this world! And whether you know it or not, you are loved.

I don't want to make 'simple' everything will get better statements. Because as other have said, life is full of good and bad, ups and downs. Sometimes when I've hit rock bottom and felt my worst, I have had my most joyful moments hit me all at once. Ryan, I considered suicide on several occasions in my college days. And all I can say, is thank God, I had friends to talk me out of it. My life is not the storybook one we all see in the movies...but I've done some good, had some good and bad experiences and feel worthwhile as a human being. You will too. Of that I am 100% sure! I'm sure, because I see a thoughtful, caring young man, who wants very much to be loved and valued. Funny thing is, you are, if you only knew it... right here! You think things through. You worry about how others will see you and how you treat them. If you only knew how special and endearing those traits are! And as often as you've heard it, I'll say it again...there are many, many girls out there, Ryan. One day when you least expect it the right one is gonna land in your life and you won't be sorry you muddled through the tough times now to get to the good times later! I know you hear 'you are so young' all the time. In physical years, you are. In caring, intelligence and thoughtfulnes, you surpass those 16 yrs by alot.

Please, don't judge your self-worth on the actions of others! If you feel bad because one girl or another doesn't feel the same way you do, that's ok. Hey, we all have to be sad now and again. It is part of being human. But it is not good to give in totally to that sadness! Feel it, grieve it, and pull yourself up! Ask for help if you need it, but whatever happens, leave the sadness, for the world of light and joy that is out there! These things will cycle through your life and you will recognize the pattern as it comes and goes. As someone noted, that IS life. And it is a wonderful thing!!!

Ryan, my friend, you are still young in 'experience'...At my age,I have seen that the good and bad woven together make up the tapestry of our lives. The cloth you are made out of is stronger than you may think it is, because those good and bad life experiences intertwine and make the threads thick. It is more colorful for having the sad and the glad interspersed for only one or the other would weave a monotoned cloth. What you cut from that cloth is up to you. Choose to make a cloak for living and not a shroud for burial.

Choose the harder road, Ryan...choose to live your life to the fullest. Much of our lives is in our perceptions of people and things. If we choose to perceive only sorrow and bad...then that is how events are for us. Choose the middle of the road, please! Choose to see both the happy and the not so happy. Dwell on neither all the time, but on both at any given time! You will feel better for doing it.

I've seen you posting today. I trust it means you will stay awhile and share your laughter, tears, wit and stories with us? I need a life preserver sometimes to help keep the board 'afloat', my friend. You need to throw it to me once in awhile!

Don't know if it matters much, but I've been depressed all day today. Seeing this was a shock to my system, but writing to you has helped a bit. I hope you'll consider my words. I want so much to help and sometimes it's hard to know how! You mentioned Armie's goodbye post? (his temporary leaving, for rl?) Seeing your name (and Memnoch's) there made me think how you two must have done something very special for Armie. He isn't the type to make a public thank you for no reason. I have always been awed that he thanked me for helping him with his relationship. I did what a friend does, what I always do. Said what I felt, discussed my opinons. But for him it was obviously more. And you made that kind of impact on him too! I've always felt that made you a very special person, Ryan! That's when I really started to follow your posts on the board more often!

So stick around? I may need a bit of advice or cheering up myself one day, heck I could use some this week! And I'd be most honored to call you friend and listen when you have something to say.

Amber, also known as Cloudbringer

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 03-28-2001).]
Old 03-28-2001, 01:48 AM   #19
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Aww, Bahamut... Ryan. Wouldn't it be grand if we weren't so all alone? I've told you more than once that you're very wise... My guess is that you've always been that way? I really hate to sound like a naggy mother type, but you're going through a very hard time now. This is a hard time for anyone, but is especially hard for what I call a 'Wise Child' (I know, I was one too!) But it does get better! Sure, life piles more crap on you and keeps on testing you and testing you till you think you can't take any more, but each time, like an oak, you become that much stronger as you grow your way towards the light. Wish I could say something cliche like, "Chin Up!" or, "The dawn is always brighter..." But having been where your at, I know that can't help. Sometimes we do indeed have to pull ourselves up by the bootstraps and kick our own butts back on that horse! You are an awesome man, Ryan! Any girl would be lucky to have you. But sometimes we have to look from inside out and not just outside in (hope that makes sense ) I like to compare the acceptance from others to finding money in the street. Sure, it's way cool! Everybody loves it, but you don't need it because your pocket's already full of the self-worth you put there! Believe me, it does get easier! And balance is found. I think I can honestly say that none of us here are 'fair-weather' friends and I think we've proved it with our responses! The board wouldn't be the same without you, and I for one hope you find your way back to us. Be well, my friend!
-Lee

------------------
Old 03-28-2001, 03:42 PM   #20
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWL!!
I howl with you from my mountain top friend!!
Well.. hmm, well thats all and please stay ok?
At least stop bye now and then ok!?

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES