Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-17-2003, 11:59 AM   #1
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

I have decided that I would acknowledge, each week, one of the fine members of the Ironworks family for the contributions they make to our lives. If you would like to nominate someone for this award please pm me with the members name and your reason for the nomination. The award is presented after careful consideration by a panel of judges (me and my other personalities) and their decision is final and meaningless. This is to be a positive thread (that means only tongue-in-cheek insults allowed).

[img]graemlins/shine.gif[/img]

WEEKLY WONDER AWARD

[img]graemlins/shine.gif[/img]

This weeks award goes to: TIMBER LOFTIS
TL is being acknowledged for following his dream. He is now full-time into enviormental law, doing what he wants to do. And to think that all he had to do was make more money, have a bigger office, and have a full time secretary. TL I applaud your sacrifices. He has been able to do all of this without getting fired and he has already been ON THE JOB FOR A WHOLE WEEK. Let's not forget that TL, one of the alltime newsworthy posters of IW, has not forgotten us, the little people, and has continued to post among us, even at the expense of working late. He has remained true to his humble beginnings; not once gold plating any of his posts or blinding us with his new bling bling.

Timber Loftis, for making that great leap of faith, for grabbing ahold of your dream, for being a nice guy with a neato signature. WE SALUTE YOU!
Old 02-17-2003, 12:02 PM   #2
Sigmar
Unicorn

This thread reminds me of that Hula-hoops advert.

Maybe its just me... *performs a salute for Mr Timber, an avid supporter of my rap career *

[ 02-17-2003, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Old 02-17-2003, 12:06 PM   #3
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Congatulations TL!!!
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/shine.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/shine.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/shine.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2003, 12:40 PM   #4
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Oh, gosh, I just don't know what to say. First I want to thank my mother and father. And my wife, where would I be without her. And - oh my good, sorry *sniff* ..... Okay, and my wife, and antryg for his kind nomination and Sigmar for the illinest lyrics since Three MC's and One DJ. And MagiK, for getting me in my first on-line bout of intellectual fisticuffs, and Attalus for, well, being Attalus. Kaltia for being the first kind person (come to think of it, it could have just been [img]graemlins/spam3.gif[/img] ) and Cloudy for always putting whiskey in my coffee, Nachtrafe for making her stock the cafe with good scotch, and Willow for just being, well, cool. Donut for laying the best traps, and Cerek for imitating his trap-laying techniques so well. Ziroc, who created the online heaven and earth, a light in the internet's ever-present darkness, Choc because, well, I have to, Lord Kathen for having the cutest on-line Olin Mills family picture advertisement, Dundee for being a BG2 GOD, Memnoch for calling me on it when I went over the line - and then accepting my repentance, and - GOD SO MANY OTHERS WHO CAN NAME THEM!!!! Oh, and Halle Berry, for being my speech-making inspiration.

Seriously, folks - very cool of you to say these things. Now, umm..... I have to get back to earning that dream. And, I'll leave the bling bling to Sigmar. Heck, as an "old school" rapper, I gotta say we always called it "flash."
Old 02-17-2003, 01:12 PM   #5
Kaltia
Jack Burton

I don't spam!
Gratz to TL, then *hugs*
And, young man [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img] I hope you bought enough whisky to share!
EDIT: I was trying to be fair in enquiring if TL had bought enough to share, atty! [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img] too [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

[ 02-17-2003, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Kaltia ]

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 02-17-2003, 02:29 PM   #6
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Yay, Timber. [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] *Grabs Kaltia's whiskey as she is not old enough to drink*
Old 02-17-2003, 02:41 PM   #7
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Of course Antryg had to plug the way cool signature. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

And, Attalus, thanks for helping me to avoid any "contributing to the delinquency" concerns.
Old 02-17-2003, 03:06 PM   #8
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Great antryg! Congrats Timber! You are a true inspiration. ~claps~
Old 02-17-2003, 09:22 PM   #9
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

I've gotten a few pm's from people wondering if this is going to be real. My intention is that every Monday I will award another weekly wonder. It is meant to be a positive thing and make others feel good. I'll say upfront that in about 5 or 6000 weeks I might reconsider letting someone win twice. Take heart your time will come. If you want to nominate somebody, pm me. If you do, please offer a concrete example of why you think that person should win. A nomination quote can get you mentioned even before your time.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:54 AM   #10
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

Well done TL! *walks out accidentally leaving a 50 dollar note on the table... that some enterprising soul that may be able to think of a reason why I should win (does someone that imaginative even exist?!)*

[img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!