Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2001, 06:23 AM   #1
Vampire

Here are the endings to most of the NPCs after ToB. It contains no spoilers to the ToB storyline, but some spoilers to romance.

Aerie: Aerie dedicated her life to the abolition of slavery but was soon tainted with hatred. She eventually found peace in a gnomish village that Quayle thought highly of, and acted as a high priestess of Bevran.

Aerie (romance): After giving birth to a boy during their journeys, Aerie soon gave birth to a girl and the pair retired from adventuring. However, one last long journey was inevitably made to Faenyl-Dail, where Aerie discovered her parents were well. The Avariel staged a splendid formal wedding ceremony blessed by the Avariel goddess and the gnome god Bevran.

Anomen: Anomen soon found his own order of knights and paladins to bring justice to land and the people.

Anomen (romanced): Anomen and lived happily in Baldur’s Gate where the largest and most influential wedding ceremony took place headed by Elminster himself. Afterwards, it was rumoured that the pair still travelled the lands on acts of daring adventurers until old age.

Cernd: Cernd went back as a Master Druid to his groove in Tethyr along with his son. However, due to the unending amount of matters, Cernd inevitably neglected his son. When he realized this it was too late. His son had mastered evil arcane magic and commanded armies of villains threatening nature. One autumn, Cernd and his druids and rangers met his son on the fields in Tethyr. The two fought as if they never knew each other, and both fell on that fateful day. The power caused a mighty oak to grow and every year the oak would turn blood red on the day father and son fell.

Imoen: And what of the eternal child Imoen? She couldn’t resist visiting the lovely Candlekeep one last time. There she was able to appreciate the tomes more and even mixed with Elminster and Khelben for a short while. But eventually Imoen formed a thief’s guild that rivalled the Shadow Thieves and operated from Waterdeep to Calisham.

Nalia: Nalia went back, as planned, to her family castle. There she cleared it with little trouble of all those who opposed her. With her power and good heart she earned a place in the Council of Six and even rivalled the Cowled Wizards. Nalia brought major reform to land ownership, bettering the life of Amnish peasants.

Viconia: Viconia formed a Temple of Shar in Baldurs Gate, but she could never escape from her past. She was betrayed to the Drow and escaped the city. Later on she even teamed up with Drizzt to save Suldnesselar once again, this time from a Zhentarium plot. She was bestowed with the highest order given to an outsider by Queen Ellesime.

Viconia (romanced): Viconia soon gave birth to a child and taught it both compassion and ways of the drow. But history caught up with her and the Drow poisoned Viconia in her state.

Jaheira: Jaheira would travel Faerun thrice in her lifetime, never staying in one place long. She would aid nature, sometimes with the Harpers and sometimes without. However, she never did return to Tethyr or the Sword Coast, preferring to forget the painful memories.

Jaheira (romanced): Jaheira never gave up her duty as a druid and spent most of the time apart with . But then again, what are a few months when they have practically been to hell and back?

Edwin: Edwin has indeed become one of the most powerful wizards on Toril! But with it, his arrogance, evil and lust for power also grew to epic proportions. He briefly became to supreme ruler of Thay before being kicked out due to politics and his arrogance. He later ventured to Shadow Dale. Where he even challenged Elminster! The two fought a long battle where Edwin finally fell.

Keldorn: Keldorn retired from the Order back to his home in Athkatla. But on his 60th winter, giants invaded Amn and Keldorn was called back into service for the last time. He and a small group of knights were to hold a mountain pass until Amnish troops could arrive. Although he did fend off the giants, old age, the cold and wounds claimed the paladin. It was said that the arriving troops saw Torm’s hand lift Keldorn in the sky, and later that day, Keldorn’s shadow could be seen beside Torm in the sky aiding the Amnish troops on the battlefield.
Korgan: Korgan’s evil was unlimited and his thirst for a battle could never be quenched. He killed a dwarven clan’s leader in secrecy and claiming the drow was responsible, he led the clan in a horrific attack on the drow. They took entire drow cities in the underdark. But surely they couldn’t handle the drow by themselves. Korgan was last seen covered in blood and laughing madly as he sunk his axe into a Drow High Priestess.

Sarevok: Sarevok headed east where he rescued a village from an orc army. But such fearsome was his battle cry that the villagers didn’t know who was more terrifying. Despite his good deeds, he was not welcomed. He was last seen travelling towards Kara-Tur where he wishes to find the only true love in his life, Tomoko.

Minsc: Minsc fulfilled his destiny returning to the Beserker Loge in Rasheman as a hero and every Bard in the entire realms knows his travels. He soon formed his own party and even at old age he ventured into the unknown searching for evil and butt kicking! But once he didn’t return and was never seen again. But as legend would have it, the two (Minsc and boo) are now in the heavens, man and hamster, butt-kicking evil for eternity.

Haer'Dalis: He found adventuring the Realms so exciting that he travelled to Waterdeep, Thay and various other places. He always fled from one place to another, unable to fully deal with problems he stired up. He even befriended a female Cambion and went to the Abyss, stirring up revolt there. Eventually he found his way back to Sigil and rejoined Raelis' Acting Troupe and settled down.

Valygar: He adventured further north at Waterdeep but eventually retired in Athkatla. There he was forced into the office of Chief Inspector, but he proved to be an excellent one. He eventually married and his son even led the Cowled Wizards in the distant future.

Jan: never liked the bloke...anyway, err he went into some monkey smuggling buisness that led to serious trouble but he got out of it...blah

I personally feel really sorry for Jaheira unless you had a romance with her.
The ending with romanced Aerie is BRILLIANT!
Imoen's ending is an anti-climax
Viconia's non-romance ending is fantastic!!!!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Old 08-10-2001, 06:45 AM   #2
Sigmar
Unicorn

I wish I had not have read this. Dont worry I dont blame you, it does have some spoilers about ToB. We know no one betrays you this time, we know Imoen survives somehow(Sarevok too). It does have some spoilers so why dont you put it in the ToB forum before anyone else is spoiled. Sigh, my fault for reading it. The endings are brilliant though, except Jan's(Thats all that happens?).

------------------
"In Ankh-Morpork curiosity killed the cat, tied weights to its legs and then threw it in the river."

Tiax, warmaster of clan HADB

[This message has been edited by Sigmar (edited 08-10-2001).]
Old 08-10-2001, 06:53 AM   #3
Vampire

Everyone knows in ToB forum so I thought I will just excite you guys.
True you can deduce that the ending doesn't kill Imoen and Sarevok, but it really DOES NOT spoil why or how or what happens or who the final baddie is and what you out come is....

TRUST ME you have NOT been spoilt as the ToB storyline is way more complicated!
Old 08-10-2001, 07:12 AM   #4
Sigmar
Unicorn

Ok you're right but remember what Memnoch said about ToB in this forum. I appreciate the effort you put into the post but do you remember how mad some people were when they were spoiled a tiny bit about ToB. Again,not your fault I read it.

------------------
"In Ankh-Morpork curiosity killed the cat, tied weights to its legs and then threw it in the river."

Tiax, warmaster of clan HADB
Old 08-10-2001, 09:00 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Avatar, I know you meant well but this doesn't belong here and has major spoilers about the romance endings - some of which I didn't know, like the Aerie ending, since I've never used her. I'm moving this to the ToB forum, ok?

------------------