Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 06-03-2013, 08:50 AM   #1
bubbe
Zhentarim Guard

Default got some books today

Ordered these last week when I finished the first trilogy about Drizzt, looking forward for a great read this summer

also have the icewind dale trilogy and some other books about Drizzt that I read for a few years ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 969916_10151485412727153_1263792298_n.jpg (82.3 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by bubbe; 06-03-2013 at 01:29 PM.
bubbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #2
Azred
Drow Priestess

Ironworks Forum Re: got some books today

I tried reading one or two Elminster books some years ago but, in my opinion, the character was so over-the-top unbelievable and Greenwood made sure that his character was completely unkillable that I gave up. Why he didn't simply go ahead and promote Elminster to godhood I don't know, he was already two-thirds of the way there...at least before they moved the clock forward 100 years in the official Faerun timeline. That was done so they could kill off or quit using the old standard characters created by people like Greenwood, Jeff Grubb, etc.

My wife has been reading through all my Drizzt books. I think I am missing one or two--Orc King, Pirate King, one of the Thousand Orc trilogy, etc. and possibly the latest one the name of which I forget.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #3
bubbe
Zhentarim Guard

Default Re: got some books today

Just started reading Elminster, so far so good

Azred, I can understand your feeling about Elminster though, but I really like epic characters that is almost unkillable That is what makes them so special..
Old 07-05-2013, 09:16 AM   #4
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Default Re: got some books today

I still get the chills from one scene in particular: ( Minor spoiler included so beware Azred )

Quote:
He snarled the word that sent a streak of flame down, down into the gloom below, straight at the upturned face of the gray-eyed man.
The harper didn't move, but his mouth somehow stretched wider than a mans mouth should be able to - and the flames fell right into him. He shuddered for a moment as all of the fire plunged into his vitals. By the stumbling of the three old men around, it seemed some sort of magic was keeping them at bay, moving them as he moved. A moment later the fireball burst with a dull rumbling. The harper stood with an unconcerned expression on his face as smoke whirled out his ears.
He gave the watching Sharrans a reproaching look and remarked:
-"Needs a little more pepper"
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote