Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-02-2001, 04:01 PM   #1
chinese noodle
Manshoon

i was wondering, considering there must be a few gay or lesbian bg2 players, that there should probably be a couple gay and lesbian romance scripts (im gonna get some weird looks after posting this) i mean look at haer dalis, hes gotta be one!

any thoughts

p.s i am not trying to offend anyone with this and if anyone is offended, tell me and i will delete it (if i know how)

------------------

[This message has been edited by chinese noodle (edited 11-02-2001).]
Old 11-02-2001, 04:09 PM   #2
Desuma_Malevois

Quote:
Originally posted by chinese noodle:
i was wondering, considering there must be a few gay or lesbian bg2 players, that there should probably be a couple gay and lesbian romance scripts (im gonna get some weird looks after posting this) i mean look at haer dalis, hes gotta be one!

any thoughts

p.s i am not trying to offend anyone with this and if anyone is offended, tell me and i will delete it (if i know how)

[img]http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/noncgi/smiles/Drowndead2.gif[img]

Spoiler coming...

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Considering Haer Dalis' possible romance with Aerie, I don't really think that you can call him gay. BTW, I don't find your post offensive, but I DO think that you're not being very wise in making such an assumption.

------------------
Guerilla gourmet, and former proprieter of the KFA.

Old 11-02-2001, 04:12 PM   #3
chinese noodle
Manshoon

yeah, but if they took that out...
Old 11-02-2001, 04:15 PM   #4
Debaser

Regardless of the fact that Haer'Dalis has a thing for Aerie, you shouldn't judge any NPCs sexuality (or pretty much anything else) from the in-game portrait for him/her.
I personally consider all and every one of the in-game portraits in both BG1 and 2 to be complete crap. I don't want any PC or NPC I ever play to look like that, and because of this I ALWAYS change the NPCs portraits, the moment they join my party, through Shadowkeeper. You'll be surprised how their persona can change through making them look like a badass.......take Aerie for instance...if you juxtapose her maudlin, sensitive way of saying things in the game with the doe-eyed, weirdo portrait they give her in the game, she would be FAR to annoying to ever use (especially through both SoA and ToB)...change her portrait to a different, cool looking and gorgeous golden-haired female, and there you have it--a playable Aerie who may seem maudlin and annoying at times but doesn't LOOK the part 24-7 game time!!!
Old 11-02-2001, 04:17 PM   #5
Rikard

I would think it would make an interesting idea
But I don;t think that it will be allowed
Some people are just not open about these stuff
We have a long way to go yet...

------------------

Old 11-02-2001, 04:24 PM   #6
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Aerie must be one. she talks about how nice Jaheira's hair looks and all. Well, she does have a romance with a male PC, ugh, let's not go there.

------------------
JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves

Forest runner and first gnomish demiranger-protector with slightly rougueish tendencies and a natural dislike for Aerie
Old 11-02-2001, 04:35 PM   #7
Darth Bob
Drow Warrior

I got tons of flam a while back for a similer post, somehow they all assumed that I was gay beacuse I wanted to know if there was any lesbeins in the game, how they came to such a asinine conclusion is beyond me. Anywho, there should be (lesbiens, gays really arent my thing) and after all Fallout 2 is full of that stuff and black isle published that too, so I dont understand why not, I mean you could block that out with a child lock. anyway i'm rambeling.
Old 11-02-2001, 04:44 PM   #8
Wurm
Drizzt Do'Urden

I thought there was a patch??

I think it would be cool to let gay players have romances, but I quess they would have to have a button in settings to allow it. Because if the game doesn't know your gay then how is it supossed to start the romance dialog?

And even though I am not gay, I find it annoying that there isn't a built in option. Like the dragon said above...we still have a looong way to go.
Old 11-02-2001, 06:41 PM   #9
Jorath Calar
Harper

All I have to say is... get a life. Its just a game for gods sake, Go out into the real world and find someone to love, I don't care who, but please stop living your lovelife through a computer game.

And no I'm not offended or anything, I just find it sad how involved people get into the love theme in BG2, it's a great part of the game, but I think some people take it waaaay too seriously.

------------------
Old 11-03-2001, 01:50 AM   #10
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Lol..
If you want a homosexual romance, change your character's sex after you have the romance triggers started up..
But thats kinda gay..

And on a side note, I've always thought Anomen's tough nuts( ) attitude was an insight to his inner deep-seated mixed up sexuality and Edwin is really a misguided soul looking for love..
LOL