Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2001, 03:07 PM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I have two games running at the moment and in one I'm doing most of the side quests first. I've avoided going after Imoen, not knowing if I'd get to come back and finish some things or be hurled into other chapters/places right away.

Can someone tell me what the options are right after rescuing her? Can the party go back to the city or Trademeet etc? Do they have to go straight to tougher spots like Underdark? Does the map show the new places right away or do other things have to happen first?

I don't want to get a too-low level party into things it can't handle, but I want Imoen back!
Old 01-29-2001, 03:24 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

The only town that is accessible after Imoen's rescue is Brynnlaw, you can head back to town to rest up and re-supply before moving on.

Spoiler:
>
>
>
>
>
There are only two places you will be able to go right after leaving Brynnlaw: (unless you use warp to party cheat)
1) Underdark (through portal of Jon's)
2) Sahaugin (Saemon's option)
Brynnlaw and Sahaugin will be in accessible unless you cheat once you left them. New places show as you come across them, and 3 additional maps will be given once you leave Underdark to surface.
Old 01-29-2001, 03:28 PM   #3
Melusine
Dracolisk

When you save Imoen you will not be able to return to the mainland straightaway. Depending on a certain choice you will make, you will either go straight to the Underdark, or you will go there after a sidetrip to the Sahuagin Underwater City. The Underdark is pretty tough, but by the time you've gone through the Asylum and the Sahuagin City you can probably handle it. I'd say don't worry about doing mainland quests until you're party's up to it, but dive straight in! From a roleplaying view it's also not very likely that you would waste one minute when it comes to rescuing your best friend whom you grew up with.
Old 01-29-2001, 08:38 PM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks to all who answered. I'm going to go after Imoen a bit earlier in my second party. As soon as I can dump this annoying Nalia!
Old 01-29-2001, 09:22 PM   #5
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Cloudbringer, how can you manage TWO games at once? Wow! Are they the same or different parties? Are you doing it because you want to see two perspectives of the game, or because you want to play it safe and see what the best turnouts are? Just curious. Aww, you don't like Nalia? The one who cries when the servants forget to put "Thursday's Soap" in her shower? Haha! Don't blame ya one bit! I, being a Paladin, couldn't take over her hold, and didn't want her in my party, so just left her to her fate with that rich guy (poor baby)!
Old 01-30-2001, 08:42 AM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ladyzekke: I'm playing two different pc's with different npcs. One is farther along than the other : Skald (pc), Minsc, Jaheira, Keldorn, Anomen, Jan (til we get Imoen)- that's the one that's in Windspear now and heading for the "Big Red One"

The other Party has a pure fighter pc and is in relatively early stages, just took the keep and am heartily tired of that idiot, Nalia, and her "why are we here and not out helping the poor" which she did nonstop while we saved her !$@#$! keep!

She even gave MY gold to a beggar I'd just turned down (you know, the one who can't keep straight how many kids she supposedly needs the gold for?!) grrrrrr!

Little peabrain got herself killed in the slaver quest too, had to resurect her and turn of party AI for future fights. She's hopeless. Dumping her for Valygar first chance I get. May even swap Minsc out for someone else. Need to keep Jaheira as backup healer unless I get Aerie, but she's not much good in a fight, so we'll see!
Old 01-30-2001, 09:05 AM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ladyzekke: Uh, don't think I actually ANSWERED your question! duh! I'm running two parties to get different experiences, like different strongholds and party interaction. Want to see which type of party does best against which quests, etc.

Plus, for me, anyway, one of the toughest parts of the whole game is deciding what to make the pc (class/race/stats etc) ! I hate having all those options and only picking one.