Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-29-2001, 01:14 AM   #1
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

So anywho, I'm doing this, "Solve the 'Skinner' Murders" quest and after of couple of those and a couple fo these I'm supposed to confront Rejiek Hidesman. For some reason he didn't wanna die and tried to flee. I decided to barracade the stairs so he was stuck there, right? I then spent the next minute or so beating the snot out of him. Eventually he just vanished through thin air, I hadn't killed him, I added up the number of hitpoints I had taken away from him and it hit exactly 799 points of damage. It would probably figure that he has 800 hit points. But even if that were true, I wouldn't mind IN THE LEAST to have his hit points, though healing would be INCREDIBLY tiresome after a while, I would need to save some complete cures.

Well just wanted to give ya the jist of the occurance and the fact that... MANN I LOVE BEATING THE SNOT OUT OF UNDEFEATABLE CHARACTERS!! That part of the room was just then painted with a nice red layer of gibs. I didn't know a person could have that many limbs. Oh well, he's gotta be quadraplegic now...

Anyone else have fun with this situation?
Old 01-29-2001, 01:21 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

For your next challenge, why not visit Renal Bloodscalp and try to assassinate him
Old 01-29-2001, 01:22 AM   #3
turbovee
Elminster

Fun Fun Fun!!!

I killed him with a death spell and the Vorpal sword and he still showed up in Trademeet each time. I guess they want you to do this quest no matter what. Damn they're like my parents.
Old 01-29-2001, 01:48 AM   #4
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

It kinda sucks to be incredibly good at a game yet be such a newbie. I have the most incredible party ever, nicely named the perfect party, you might of heard of it. Well it works incredibly, every battle is five times easier than before... well... except for the shadow dragon, he's just as difficult, I don't understand that.

Well anywho!! The reason I'm such a newbie is because I keep restarting the game! When I create a non-obsolete party I usually start from the begining again, this time I started right after Irenicus' Dungeon (Mann that dungeon got boring after the fifteenth time you go through it, I wonder why?).

Ok, lemme get back to the point. Restarting my game so much makes it that true my characters get more powerful but I haven't much chance to get through any quests! Most I ever did in one game is... (possible spoiler) ...I's Dungeon, Valygar and the Sphere, rescuing haer'dalis, Planar Prison with Haer'Dalis, Skinner Murders, Umar hills and the shadow wolves, Circus, Gravyard boy and bear, that dwarf dude in the c coronet with the book quest quest, unseeing eye one, Harper polymorph quest, lord jirdan quest, nalia's keep, slaver stockade/c coronet, I'm not sure if i ever finished the man buried alive quest, the trademeet skintakers, and maybe one or two more possibly. I also never went to chapter three yet.

Wow, that's a bit more quests than I had first presumed. I think I have a question with a new post coming...
Old 01-29-2001, 06:42 AM   #5
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

I had the same trouble in the beginning, I was playing the game over for about 5 times before playing the whole game through. After that I tested some more characters. Now I am playing a single player game on hard difficulty, because the first game was a little too easy. There is definately more challenge now, and more fun. Edwin is much better than my mage I played the first game. Soon, I will have finnished my second game, and then I can play a party consisting of 3, or maybe 2. I will then get npc's for their missions only, and then drop them. To make it a little more challenge, I will also play insane difficulty.
Old 01-30-2001, 10:20 AM   #6
Vathek

I had read a section of a walkthrough and apparently the first time you fight Bodhi, she "puts a hurtin'on you quick", well, I was prepared. Minsc had Flametongue, Jan (Daystar), me (Azuredge) and Anomen (Mace of disruption?) along with a fire elemental and aerial servant. My party proceeded to kick the utter s**t out of her but she just wouldn't die, so I ended up leaving the 'dungeon' and returned again to try again.

Old 01-30-2001, 01:46 PM   #7
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

I always hated the battle where one of the vampires and two *ghouls?* come outa nowhere and ram into your party, seperating everyone from everyone else and then asking, are you serving the thieves guild? To be truthful I had to say yes... there was no way I was gonna work for those undead guys, both sides may be evil but I'll stick by humans any day.
On my other patries, thats when the vanpire used that time to show be what it felt like to be splattered, in little pieces, against the wall. With my perfect party they are duck soup now. I killed them all with hack and slash attack style with only the draining of 2 levels which was cured for 750 gold in a temple really nearby. Yes I know that protection from evil can solve that but I don't know which one will get drained! Yes I know protection from evil 10' radius will solve THAT but I'm far too lazy to put a spell like that which is only useful every once in a while in my book.

My favorite formation:
My paladin right up front with all the powerful armor and resistance equipment and plenty of health potions. My archer somewhere hiding shooting the occasional detonation arrow, the extremely occasional dispelling arrow, but mostly piercing arrows at the creatures who ahve not yet reached my paladin. And then I have my true killing machine a couple feet behind my paladin... my three mages and cleric. I have goten a ton of bonus memorized spell equipment for them and my level 10 mages each have 8 magic missles, 3 acid arrows, 4 azzanars scorchers, 5 lighting bolts, 1 fireball, 4 ice storms, 1 sun fire, and 3 cloud kills. My cleric has spells like chant, charm person/mammal (for the weaker ones), silence, call lightning, holy smite, poison, call woodland beings (its a ranger/cleric), flame strike, insect plague, and bolt of glory. I also have it auto-paused for spell cast so when a spell is cast I move that character and soon after (usually when someone else has cast) come back to him/her andcast another spell in a really short time! Boy is this fun and powerful.
Old 01-30-2001, 02:02 PM   #8
Charlie
Lord Ao

Regarding the Skinners Quest.

I met Riekjard (sp) and he wants Dragons blood. I'm done & dusted with the dragon and didn't kill him. Therefore I can never really complete the Tanner murders...right? Is he worth much xp, R.H I mean, if I go back and bash him? Or is there any other way to complete it and gain xp?