Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-17-2000, 07:45 AM   #1
Kalundrin the Skald

i was thinking of using a priest of talos ....could anyone who has already used 1 please tell me the specials or are the only abilities the priest the priest can do aside from normal spells the lighting bolt and storm shield ??

... and about the spells that the priests are given as they level up ... does alignment play a major role in the spells given ... cos i've been using only Good priests since bg and iwd ... and i always lack the more powerful sounding spells even thought me wisdom is 18 ... sucks man .... so was wondering if i take talos will i be able to use WEATHER speres like druids can ?? or more special spells for being a stormlord ?? evil priest DO get different spells from good priests rite ?? hopefully more attacking orientated spells ???

Old 10-17-2000, 10:04 AM   #2
traerthe

Here's a trick I learned that seems to work in BG, Icewind Dale, and BG2.
(It may be standard AD&D, but I don't recall).
Start off with a ranger (human). At level 2 dual class to cleric.
The amount of exp to get to level 2 is minimal. But the advantages are that
as you progress as cleric you will get every cleric and druid spell.

Old 10-17-2000, 10:44 AM   #3
Kalundrin the Skald

ooh ... cool ....

Old 10-17-2000, 01:06 PM   #4
TDZHON

Great idea, never thought of that! In this game, you would have the added benefit of starting at level 7 as a Ranger, and clerics go up really fast in level. I would put your skill points in dual wield (2) flail (2) and sling (2) or mace (2). You'll be a rocking priest! You may want to level twice before you dual - get the extra fighter HPs and the extra SP. In the city, you will get to level 10 as a cleric fast.

Old 10-17-2000, 01:13 PM   #5
dragonslayer
Manshoon

Just remember that you can't become a Priest of Talos if Dual-Classing from a Ranger
Old 10-17-2000, 02:09 PM   #6
A Mage named Rikard

About the allignment
Your HAVE to be evil to be a priest of Talos but i kill his followers so i don't think he likes me
to be a pries of helm be neutral and lothander good
You get that with character creation
But still be a necro

Old 10-17-2000, 02:21 PM   #7
Kalundrin the Skald

so wat special kick ass priest spells does he get to cast ?? unholy word ??? or watever other spells ??

Old 10-17-2000, 02:56 PM   #8
TDZHON

Unholy word won't do you much good in the game. All you could do is terrorize the towns, heh.

The only diff is the abilities listed in the manual. The spells are the same.

Old 10-17-2000, 03:00 PM   #9
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

DONT CONERN YOURSELF WITH THE TRIVIALITIES OF PRIESTHOOD, FOLLOW THE TRUE CALL ING OF THE GODS, THE MOST NOBLE PROFESSION AVALIABLE, BECOME A PALADIN

TALOS PRIESTS HAVE CRAP SPELL ANYWAY, THEY'D PERISH IN MINUTES AGAINST THE MIGHT OF THE PALADIN. BE EVER WARY OF JUSTICES EYES.

SO SAYETH JEROME THE PALADIN
Old 10-17-2000, 03:12 PM   #10
Kalundrin the Skald

haha ... wat's with your caps jerome ?? haha .... okie ... but my multiplayer party needs a priest .... and since my friend and i are playin evil in our team game ... i might as well be a talos stormlord ...