Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2001, 10:54 AM   #31
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

"Sorry for the delay," the warlock said. "I've been held up outside the city walls. Skeletons are rising from their graves all around the village. It's taken me the better part of the mornin' to knock off enough drybones to make it into Valeia. 'Afternoon, Boo," he said, assenting to the furry familiar perched jauntily on Serath's shoulder. "I take it you've heard the news, then?"

"About Gareth?" Serath said.

"Yes," Sazerac said, "and it appears to be either one of those filthy Serpent Priest assassins tampering with the cider supply . . . or a rumor that I've heard from up north of some of them radical 'goggle-eyes' poisoning brew meant for 'warm-skins'. I'm not sure which one is the culprit, but I aim to get to the bottom of this!" He looked around him. "The big guy will be okay, now. . .just a little shaken, that's all."

Everyone looked rather sick, and quickly pitched the brews they had been about to quaff.

"YOU BETTER BELIEVE I'LL FIND OUT WHAT'S UP!" roared mighty Ditka, recovered and ready to swing. "NOBODY MESSES WITH MY BREW AND LIVES TO TELL ABOUT IT!"

It took everyone a few minutes to calm the berserk barbarian down to reason.

"Well, Sazerac, you're just in time," Serath said. "We were just ready to . . ."
Old 02-16-2001, 03:52 PM   #32
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

But before Serath could finish, a shimmering mist appeared near the fallen disciple. Kitten's blades were seen to withdraw from the disciple's eye sockets, twirl in the air a few times and with lightening speed were next to appear in Kitten's boots precisely between her toes and an inch into the floor below. The disciple rose up, seemingly none the worse for wear while a voice whispered from the mist: "Treat my disciples with better care less I take it into my head to teach you the lesson *personally*".
And then the mist was gone.
Sezerac, staring at the blades in Kitten's boots said: "What was that you were saying, Serath?"
Old 02-16-2001, 07:16 PM   #33
Elara
The Magister

Before Serath could focus his attention to respond to Sezerac, preoccupied as he was with the sight of those precisely driven daggers protruding from a now somewhat discomfitted Kitten awash in the knowledge that her boots were, so to speak, nailed to the floor .. a quietly mellifluous contralto voice filled the room. "Ukabu.. you know who you are. Come forth to lead." The disciple stepped back to leave a circle of space before her...
Old 02-16-2001, 08:29 PM   #34
Raistlin
Manshoon

Meanwhile, as the warmage Raistlin pulled himself from the wrecked bodies of the dozen ratlings, he checked himself for any serious damage, a sudden tingling starting from the base of his spine, he looked up, "ooh no" he thought, those bloody mantrips.....
Old 02-16-2001, 09:06 PM   #35
AliCat
Drow Warrior

The silence in the tavern grew, as did the circle of space in front of the disciple. A large set of boots clumped forward awkwardly as their owner fought the pull of destiny.

"NOOOOOOOO!!!!", wailed Ditka, as his boots kept walking towards the cloaked woman. "I'm not no bloody Ukalooooo! Never met him! You can't make me do it!"

He stumbled forward into the lighted space. Boo squeaked encouragingly, and Serath put a hand on Ditka's shoulder.

"Face it, you're Ukabu. Why else would Gareth have sought you out?", Serath reasoned, looking up into the shadowed face of the disciple standing nearby.

Kitten discreetly retrieved her daggers from her now-ventilated boots, and slipped them back up her sleeves, stepping back into the shadows. She strategically dodged behind Adam Mage, in case the disciple should look her way.

The disciple gently gazed at Ditka, who was arguing in an undertone with Sazerac. Whispers of "I thought it was your turn to be Ukaloo" were quickly stifled. The disciple drew back her hood and...
Old 02-16-2001, 10:48 PM   #36
adam mage

sneezed all over Ditka!
"ACHOOOOO!!!!"
silence fell into the room.....

Old 02-17-2001, 12:58 AM   #37
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

"Kerah bless me!" said the young woman, her pointed ears showing her heritage from the Elven clans. The crowd stood dumbfounded, for her beauty was enough to set a man's blood to boil.

Slip stared affectionately at the rare beauty, and stepped forward. Picking up her hand, her gave it a gentle kiss as the tall Elf maiden nodded with a slight smile.

"Squeak!" went Boo.

"Aye Boo, she does have a nice backside. I'd say she was right good for wenching, eh Boo?"

"Squeak! Squeak!" went Boo again.

The Elven lass turned towards Serath, and with one motion, she removed her hooded cloak. Again astonished eyes looked on as they saw a tight fitting leather outfit covering the young maidens body.

"SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK!" went boo frantically.

Scronan swallowed, and turned to Slip, but the young Gnome passed out with a happy grin on his face.

"What did your hamster say Serath?" he said.

"Ummm.." stammered Serath. "Roughly translated, Boo says he wishes he was an Elf so he could ask the young lady over for dinner."

Without warning, the young Elf's foot shot out in a vertical arc, the edge of her boot revealing a razor edged dagger, poised at Kitten's throat.

"Try a move like that again Kitty Cat, and you'll be worgur food."

As the crowed stared again and the beautiful female Ninja, Slip rose to his feet, and bowed to the young elf.

"So, what is your name?"

The Ninja smiled coyly, and with a sweet voice said....
Old 02-17-2001, 04:04 AM   #38
Davros
Takhisis Follower

"My name is Monyka, and I am the last true princess of the elven nation". She turned from Kitty, and scanned the crowd, noting with barely concealed satisfaction the manner in which her appearance had quieted the inhabitants of the bar. "Now that I have your attention" she murmured, "I state again, I am the disciple of the dread sage Wyvern. Mighty and puissant are her arts, and sheerest folly it is to ignore her advice".

"Pardon me yer Highness, but what would the dread sage be botherin about us for" drawled Ditka, his thumb rubbing nervously across the hilt of the great war axe hanging from his shoulder.

"Quiet the lot of you", ordered the disciple, "I have no time for talk, and these childish squabbles must cease immediately. In three days you, Ditka, have an appointment to keep in the Pit of the Boogre caverns. These are to be found North by West of the town of Ishad N'ha. Before you get there however, you and your companions must first ...."
Old 02-17-2001, 07:42 AM   #39
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

"Obtain the skin of the dreaded Naga and end the fowl worshipping in the Serpent Temple. No doubt this will seem a simple task for the likes of you and your companions." The elf glanced pointedly in Kitten's direction. "But be warned of the dangers within that Temple. They poison victims as easily as they poison souls. So lethal is the Naga's own poison that there is but one cure in all of Gael Sarren and that cure is ...."
Old 02-17-2001, 01:14 PM   #40
adam mage

... the tears from the holy statue of Kerah, which is difficult to get..."

Closed Thread